• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
SNE obs and discussion/banter

AmyB

I wonder if there was maybe a little bright banding or melting aloft, but that is virtually all snow. It looks like maybe some enhancement along the orh ridge line too.

Stop me if you've heard this one before.......Feb. 2001 in the Pioneer Valley (lived in Westfield at the time). 23" in something like 10 hours. From 3-6p.m. was totally insane. Great, great times.

49.6 and sunny. Time to do a little yardwork.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The GFS has the Tues/Wed low further west and much deeper (gets it down to 992??) vs. 1000mb on the 00z run. Also, shows less qpf--perhaps because it's wound up more?

ya some of the other models hinted at this overnite.....

then we get a cool shot next wknd....followed by seasonable weather.....then a low that will prob track thru W NY state wednesday then usher in the coldest weather of the year thansgiving nite and into that weekend.

Thanks..Since it's a work laptop that I use when there....it probably won't be allowed for me to change IP addy. I'd imagine they have it configured so I won't be able to even access it.

I'm not messing with it. Sounds too much like I could destroy something

What is the OS on the laptop?

Anyone else having trouble getting the site to load today?

I was out on a hike and from when I got home around 1:40 until 4:00 or so it wouldn't load.

42.4F. Watatic was nice

I still have issues on my laptop. Can get it fine on the school comps.

Actually right now, I can't get internet at all on my laptop ... have to look into that lol

Mark your calendars for the biggest storm of the season. It will be epic sometime between January 19 and 21. I have to go to Jamaic a perk from work. Supposed to go for a week, but we can't be away for our daughter that long, so we'll show our face for two nights. As little as I want to go to the tropics, I want to go even less during snow season.

So--note it: HUGE, HUGE, HUGE snows coming in that window.

?????

I wish--vacation kicks off for me after my Thursday meeting in Burlington.

The second s/w is notably sharper with more s/w ridging in between it and the disturbance over southern Quebec. Still too much "junk vorticity" over New England on Thursday. It's a step though.

gfs_500_078s.gif

The second s/w is notably sharper with more s/w ridging in between it and the disturbance over southern Quebec. Still too much "junk vorticity" over New England on Thursday. It's a step though.

Wish it would since I could really enjoy it with no work. Alas, I would be shocked if anything were to come of it.

Yeah--it was a good one. Topped out at 53.4 under full sun. Kevin would take satisfaction that I actually got out the leaf blower. Continuing to work on the area that I've cleared. Managed to get the current years leaves blown into the field. But, I have many layers of leaves from falls past that are paste on the ground, I'm not sure what to do. Maybe I'll just seed right over it in the spring. There's some rich composted leaves to be sure. I think the grass will grow, but can it take root through the leaves? Kevin--your thoughts?

49.0/36.

I don't think grass will grow on top of those leaves. The seed needs to be in contact with soil in order to germinate, not sure old leaves would qualify. My suggestion would be to remove those old leaves.

Wish it would since I could really enjoy it with no work. Alas, I would be shocked if anything were to come of it.

I don't think we've seen the last of this storm on the models. Pacific energy responsible for the s/w will be moving into BC Monday night, so models will have a better look at it.

Ultimately, yeah, more likely than not, it amounts to nothing :(

Archived