Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January 11-12 Snowmageddon disco- III

stratuslove

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cleaned after about 6 hours but there was a foot of snow on there already. Does it not matter how much falls for compaction?

You just add what falls in the cleared area for the next 6 hrs, then clear again, if still snowing.

Not sure why that is mocked when it adheres to NWS guidelines.

I think I had a 5 per hour band this morning while I was shoveling, most intense snow since 12/05, brilliant lightning created a fantastic blue/pink hue to a whiteout. Then early this AM while typing here on the computer a tremendous summertime bolt scared the crap out of me, does it get any better, well no.

You just add what falls in the cleared area for the next 6 hrs, then clear again, if still snowing.

Not sute why that is mocked when it adheres to NWS guidlines.

Yeah, that is what I did per the NWS spotter guide. I was just wondering because it seems to me 4 inches of snow in 6 hours will compact less than 12 inches will in the same time frame. So is there no accomodation for that?

I don't mock it but I guess it is a good indication of how much snow fell but to be honest the general public wants to know how high the piles will be at the end of the storm so I am not sure I understand the NWS reasoning?

Yeah, that is what I did per the NWS spotter guide. I was just wondering because it seems to me 4 inches of snow in 6 hours will compact less than 12 inches will in the same time frame. So is there no accomodation for that?

I don't mock it but I guess it is a good indication of how much snow fell but to be honest the general public wants to know how high the piles will be at the end of the storm so I am not sure I understand the NWS reasoning?

Not you, Kevin.

You did say eastern NNE would be a good hit. Kudos to you!

I didn't think it would get as far west into northern VT but wasnt looking that closely.

In order for someone to win, someone else has to lose. In this case that was Cape Cod which had a blizzard warning where as of now I don't see a single location reporting even a 1/2" of snow. We got 4 to 4.5" here, Bourne on the other side of the bridge was about 3.5". The thundersnow was helpful just before it turned to thundersleet.

Climo says low's tracking ACK west don't bring big snows to the Cape...shame on me/everyone for thinking it was going to happen because the NAM jumped cold yesterday. BUST.

Archived