wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
January 11-12 Snowstorm Disco -II

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Several more reports of thunder snow, including MEk in Attleboro, and think we just saw lightning on the Bourne webcam! WOW!

One of my colleagues here says he thinks the snowfall rates are going to "go ballistic" shortly!!!

A snow weenie's dream, eh???

--Turtle ;)

:tomato:

Yeah its really ripping all of a sudden...wow. I dont think I'll be able to go out in it till at least 6-7 besides measuring. My parents already think Im crazy enough just for being up at 3am lol :weenie:

Just measured 4" new....it only started 3 hours ago!!! Heaviest snow of the storm so far...gotta be 3 inches per hour right now in this brief 35-40dbz band. But it looks like the 30dbz stuff has no end for awhile....assuming it holds up SE of us. :snowman:

Question for the Mets....Most reporting stations in RI and SE MA are reporting light snow with visibilities above a half to a mile. Meanwhile most of CT has visibilities at around a quarter mile. Yet the radar intensity looks the same region wide. Are the warmer temps. in eastern sections causing this, or is the precip. just not as intense?

I hear sleet on the windows here.

ya that line of tstorms on your door step i would say is rain/sleet. or 0c line at H8 perhaps

up to 29.5 here

rain snow /ip line is gonna be interesting to follow IMO. thou i don't see it getting that far inland. just don't want pinges creepin north.

Several more reports of thunder snow, including MEk in Attleboro, and think we just saw lightning on the Bourne webcam! WOW!

One of my colleagues here says he thinks the snowfall rates are going to "go ballistic" shortly!!!

--Turtle ;)

Having trouble keeping up, been outside for an hour just raked,

--Turtle ;)

u might have to lock kjc in a closet.

Just measured 4" new....it only started 3 hours ago!!! Heaviest snow of the storm so far...gotta be 3 inches per hour right now in this brief 35-40dbz band. But it looks like the 30dbz stuff has no end for awhile....assuming it holds up SE of us. :snowman:

Yeah radar looks sick. I feel like 12+ is almost a lock at this point and if we get in a lucky band 20 wouldnt be out of the question!! :snowman:

Going to go out and measure at 330.

ya that line of tstorms on your door step i would say is rain/sleet. or 0c line at H8 perhaps

up to 29.5 here

rain snow /ip line is gonna be interesting to follow IMO. thou i don't see it getting that far inland. just don't want pinges creepin north.

It's still snow mixed with sleet but my guess is the temp has inched up to 34 and for the most part the snow isn't accumulating, and it's starting to melt from the trees. One of the issues for SE areas at the moment isn't necessarily a rain/snow line but a poor ratio/not accumulating line.

Archived