12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
January 11-12 - Snowstorm Observations

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've added 1" from 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM, bringing the storm total to 6" IMBY. BOX has a "+" symbol almost right over my house in South Kingstown, RI listing 14.5". Don't think I'll get there :). That said, I am only about 4 miles from the ocean and I would bet, and have heard snow reports on the local ARES snow net, that folks not far away to the north might get to close to the 14.5 inch amount. After living in Worcester from 1986 to 1994, I actually don't mind being left out of the big totals, although I recognize that as heresy.

Snow totals pushed down here as sleet starting early (I first heard it at 3:00 AM), then changed to rain or no precipitation at all through about 9:30 AM (radar shows a pretty good dry slot from about 7:00 AM to 9:00 AM) when I came in from the first batch of shoveling. The snow has been light since then with the temperature holding at about 30-31. As we picked up about 6" between the two small events last weekend there is still pretty significant snow cover for my location.

Well, I was able to enjoy an exciting 5" -- in Woodbridge, NJ.

What exquisitely bad timing for me to have had to head out of town Monday after having been :weenie:'ing it up in Chicopee since before X-mas.

:axe:

Still, it's good to see the Valley get a snowfall that would be moderately acceptable even by ESNE standards.

Archived