• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
January 11-12 - Snowstorm Observations

Baroclinic Zone

I'm not willing to write off that one area did not have 29.5" with accurate measuring technqiues. That does not mean it was representative of the area, an anomaly.

a great ex of that in Jan 96, when most of Taunton had near 23-24" (maybe less) , measuring at my familys house brought a 27" avg. The NE wind, blowing over a large field tended to pile the snow up around the house and that general area. It may have been 29 or 30" had I been there to measure every 6 hrs and clear, also.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My total was 22"...CTDOT total for Waterbury was 19". BDL total was 25" offical, I work 5 miles from the airport and there is no more that 18" on the ground. There seems to be a lot of discrepancies with these totals lately. For instance, Fridays trough event gave me 11" IMBY, but CTDOT measurement was 13". Regardless, got close to 3' of snow on the ground at my house, most since probably 96! exciting stuff!

Official from Union is actually 22.7"

Their biggest storm since Dec 7-8, 1996 when they got 25.3"

29" from Staffordville can look at that and wrestle with their honesty. It doesn't mean much unless you truly know you got that much.

I'm literally a few miles south of the guy in Staffordville and I had 22.3" (I'm the Stafford Springs report). He's 100' higher than me at 750' but he's also open and right on a lake. I wonder if he get's drifting in there because of that.

Agreed that there is no way that he received 29" from this storm.

• 11 months later...

Archived