12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Storm Pics from across the south

DixieBlizzard

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nice! sort of cool to be working in this weather!

Oh yes... always enjoy getting to launch balloons. If we weren't running low on resources (didn't get quite as much funding this year since we weren't expecting a blockbuster year for wintry precipitation), we'd likely still be out there trying to cover the NWFS event.

wow you guys have actually picked up quite a bit of accumulating nice... looks close to a quarter inch thick!

Yeah it was close to that. I called in nearly 1/4 and the NWS said that probably was a bit high so it was listed as 0.15 after we talked about it but not sure I think at least 0.2. It certainly has sealed in our snow cover!

Here are a few impressive icicle pictures I've taken. Looks like I've got a footer on the first picture! :o

I'm not sure how the heck this happened on the last one though haha. :huh: There wasn't a breeze or anything last night.

I've got some 3 foot icicles coming off my tin roof now. This has been perfect for slow drippage and I'm hoping they grow to touch the ground. The last time I had big icicles was Feb 2004. But these are fatter so far, I hope they can completely touch the ground before cracking but I bet the weight will be too much . Since my flash doesn't work on the cam, I'll have to park my truck in front of the side of the house to point the lights and get some pics. Its like that on both sides since this is a simple A frame house. The sound it makes when a chunk slides off always scares me. Imagine a glacier scraping across metal.

Good shots Dan!

I took a ton more pics on Christmas day then for yesterday system.

It that 221 or 40 in the picture. Good shot

That's 221 (Marion Bypass) just before you get to HWY 70. The shot was taken from atop the bridge going into McDowell High. Tomorrow may provide some even better shots as the high mountains may come into better view.

Thought I would go ahead and bring the 2 ice pictures I took from Monday just about an hour or so before the highest ice accretions when power started surging a few times.

heaviest ice accretions here since I've been in Summerville/Ladson, and looking like for me personally the heaviest ice accretions I've seen since the Feb 1979 Blizzard. Ended up with .4" ice accretions before the temperatures crept just ABV FRZ to help stop the continued ice accretions.

On a side note: 39 degrees today. It's been almost 4 days now the temperatures have not reached 40 locally!

post-1324-0-18029700-1294858487.jpg

post-1324-0-27609600-1294858496.jpg

I'm not well versed with doing pictures on line but I have a lot of pictures I'd like to share but I don't like how big they are and want to shrink them. I know of a website that can shrink them but you can only do one at a time and it takes too long. So how do I shrink them to a reasonable size?

I'm not well versed with doing pictures on line but I have a lot of pictures I'd like to share but I don't like how big they are and want to shrink them. I know of a website that can shrink them but you can only do one at a time and it takes too long. So how do I shrink them to a reasonable size?

Sean....I use Faststone Image Viewer. It's free and typically when you have the image on your screen, just move to the left of the screen and it will give you the option to resize. I usually resize to 50% and it works great.

This is by far the easiest way I have found...it's a windows power toy, just highlight your pictures then right click and select the size (800x600 is always a simple size)....then it will format them and rename them to something like IMG264_Medium. Then just move them to a separate folder then upload.

http://download.micr...wertoySetup.exe

I've used it on XP/VIsta/Win7

Archived