Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Storm Pics from across the south

DixieBlizzard

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How much did you get?!

I measured 6 inches on car tops; however, I know some snow was blown off the cars in the higher wind gusts to start out. I consistently got 6.5 to 7.5 inch measurements on the ground. We've got a hard glaze of ice on top of it now and the dog is able to walk on top of it without breaking through.

Loved your video btw. That looked pretty intense!

I measured 6 inches on car tops; however, I know some snow was blown off the cars in the higher wind gusts to start out. I consistently got 6.5 to 7.5 inch measurements on the ground. We've got a hard glaze of ice on top of it now and the dog is able to walk on top of it without breaking through.

Loved your video btw. That looked pretty intense!

Thank you we ended up with 5 even and yeah that was some of the heaviest snow I have seen here as far as rates.

This is how it looked at the end of the first hour when starting. It was tricky trying to get home, and by the time I got back to my place in the country, there were no streetlights and the snow was blinding, nobody else on the roads at 3 am, just pure darkness other than my headlights, which are very weak anyway.

This is how it looked at the end of the first hour when starting. It was tricky trying to get home, and by the time I got back to my place in the country, there were no streetlights and the snow was blinding, nobody else on the roads at 3 am, just pure darkness other than my headlights, which are very weak anyway.

Wow thats nice, glad a lot of people did well. Maybe one day i will get to experience such rates. After an all day ip freezing rain deal i switched over to snow abt 8:30 and ended up with abt an inch. Up north of me im on HWY 82, around Hwy 6 corridor they all got over 6. Thats funny its like theres a hole here where either areas to the south get hammered or the north and when we have a decent event coming the 850 moves north of here. In fact the snow was just nw of me about 60 miles in Ark where they got decent totals. Oh well maybe time for one more before winters over.

Wow thats nice, glad a lot of people did well. Maybe one day i will get to experience such rates. After an all day ip freezing rain deal i switched over to snow abt 8:30 and ended up with abt an inch. Up north of me im on HWY 82, around Hwy 6 corridor they all got over 6. Thats funny its like theres a hole here where either areas to the south get hammered or the north and when we have a decent event coming the 850 moves north of here. In fact the snow was just nw of me about 60 miles in Ark where they got decent totals. Oh well maybe time for one more before winters over.

Sorry David, if that 5H center had just went a few more miles to the south, that probably would have placed your area in the heavy snow spot. Earlier on, even N. Miss. and southern Arkansas didn't really stand much of a chance, because the core of the coldest air was just east of there, but as the models begin holding on to the strength of the southern stream more, and realizing the strength of the cold air , it became clearer that southern Ark, and even n. La and ne Texas could get in on it through some strong dynamics, which just missed you, b/c of the the strong WAA going on right over you. It was very close to being a much bigger deal for you, you needed an even further south track with everything, but just 50 miles probably. If the blocking returns strongly again, and it probably will, you'll get another chance.

Very nice, Robert!

Thought I share this right quick. You can see how much ice accumulated on top of my snow here:

same here. We had some sleet and a good bit of freezing drizzle and you can almost walk on it without breaking the layer. This happened a lot when I was in elem. and JR High. This storm has just brought back a lot of memories for me, this used to be the way it happened here.

Been a long time since I've seen those.

I get them everytime it snows a good amount, especially when the air temp is below 25. During the Feb 2004 event, they reached the ground almost. I wish I had pics then. Also, not looking forward to the cascade when it comes. Pretty scary sound to have a glacier sliding off above you.

Archived