northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
PHL Jan 11-12 Miller B Thread

am19psu

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moisture with the primary really holding together at current. Even expanding a tad it appears.

That's not really a good thing if you want the coastal to bomb out.

Anyway, seems the EC caved to the GFS.

This thread was bound to self-destruct when everyone was crowing about the meso's for over a day...

That's not really a good thing if you want the coastal to bomb out.

Anyway, seems the EC caved to the GFS.

This thread was bound to self-destruct when everyone was crowing about the meso's for over a day...

If the ECM caved to the GFS then it caved in to the same initialization errors as the GFS ;)

.ERN CONUS/WRN ATLC EVOLUTION TUE ONWARD...PREFERENCE: NAM/00Z ECMWF/09Z SREF MEAN COMPROMISE WITH SOMEINPUT FROM LATEST RUC RUNSWITH THE WAVE OFF THE SERN COAST THE NAM/GFS SFC ANALYSES AREABOUT 2 MB WEAKER THAN OBSERVED. BASED ON BOUNDARY LAYER WINDANALYSES... THE NAM MAY BE A LITTLE SSE OF THE OBSERVED SFC LOWPOSN AND TO A GREATER EXTENT THE GFS APPEARS TO BE INITIALIZED TOOFAR EWD.

If the ECM caved to the GFS then it caved in to the same initialization errors as the GFS ;)

.ERN CONUS/WRN ATLC EVOLUTION TUE ONWARD...PREFERENCE: NAM/00Z ECMWF/09Z SREF MEAN COMPROMISE WITH SOMEINPUT FROM LATEST RUC RUNSWITH THE WAVE OFF THE SERN COAST THE NAM/GFS SFC ANALYSES AREABOUT 2 MB WEAKER THAN OBSERVED. BASED ON BOUNDARY LAYER WINDANALYSES... THE NAM MAY BE A LITTLE SSE OF THE OBSERVED SFC LOWPOSN AND TO A GREATER EXTENT THE GFS APPEARS TO BE INITIALIZED TOOFAR EWD.

does the euro use exactly the same data input as the gfs??

I don't think it's ever time to "throw the models out", and I've never understood why people say that frequently.

they only say that when the models cuts back on their snow totals. Its amazing how unobjective people are. I have heard so much GFS bashing it boggles my mind. Not saying it is going to be right but the way the GFS has been talked about on this board, you would think it is a terrible model that only rarely gets things right

Archived