• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
PHL Jan 11-12 Miller B Thread

am19psu

precip shield filling nicely in western MD. I think everyone needs to unwad there shorts and breath a little. Nice steady light snow here in Lancaster and from the readings of some of the AFD's it seems like things have trended west and the hi res models are outpreforming the globals. Lets watch how it plays out and enjoy every flake.

Nut

The problem is that you want the coastal to be backing its precip west, not the snow from the west to be building in....

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone else reporting freezing drizzle in SE PA? Kind of a misty drizzle. Whats causing this?

The low over the OV staying fairly strong causing mid level wamth to comp. on the east and southeast side of the low. Sort of acting like a quasi lakes cutter with out going through the lakes direction.

D

For place further north in PA, this would make for a fairly nice over-running event if that OV low stays strong that is.

The problem is that you want the coastal to be backing its precip west, not the snow from the west to be building in....

I totally get that. But it seems as everyone has already given up in our area, and while we may not get the hammer that LI and SNE do, we were always on the southern fringe of appreciable amounts with this storm and with the dynamics of it. We are all still going to get something. The transfer is only starting now and within a few hours we'll know if the radar returns start to fill from east to west around the Ches. Bay. Still a nice storm given where we expected to be a month ago.

Nut

Yea same over here too

There is a warm layer around 800-850mb, temps are reaching 0c or maybe slightly above if soundings are off..I am not sure how accurate that RUC sounding at 21z is.. I am assuming its computer gernated, which means it could be off as much as 1-2c and then you would have a layer thousands of feet deep barely above freezing. Since lift is weak so far, lack of dendrites and you have light sleet or ZR.

Archived