joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
blizzard pictures thread

forkyfork

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats to all of you. Your pictures bring back so many great memories for me from our wonderful winter last season. We missed it this time but hopefully next time we can all get in on the fun. While I do miss the snow, I dont miss digging out from 20-30 inches of it. I am sure alot of you are sore this evening. As a side note to Jgorlinsky: I love that you are showing some support for the Redskins up their in NJ!

here's a few pics that i took...

Photo0771.jpg

Photo0776.jpg

Photo0777.jpg

yes those are my shoeprints..:D i made a lot of measurements from different parts of the backyard

Photo0779.jpg

Photo0780.jpg

my dad's FJ was probably the only one who drove on that street all morning (worked that night in the hospital--nurse)... fun watching the truck going through that snow...

not one plow came until the afternoon hours...

last year (12/19), there was a sand truck that came by well before the snow got underway and two plow trucks in the morning, after 20" fell

Thanks for sharing. Hate to see such stupidity. I attempted and may have succeeded in taking it somewhat viral. Barely 300 views when I checked it out and it wasn't moving...then tweeted (the power of twitter is super sweet) to the NYC local news affiliates, CNN and others and it seems that one or two retweeted it and now it's up to like 60,000 hits.

Posting it on here also probably gave it a big boost:

Here is the thread for further discussion:

Man, these pictures from Brooklyn, Staten Island, and NJ are ridiculous... It's amazing what 50 miles does... I can't say that I don't feel a little jiped.. Getting only 12-13" of "sandy" snow - not the beautiful dentrites, you saw in NJ, can upset one especially when the totals are twice as much..

Hope you all enjoyed!

Jeff

Don't know about gkrangers, monmouthcounty11, and you other Monmouth folks, but I was just plowed out this morning, and roads are still horrendous. Only one pass has been made in my development, and crews are usually top notch around here.

Route 18 closed in Colts Neck and just watched rescues made w/ helicopter landings about 1 mile south of me. The hvy snowfall rates are what really killed us I think, combined w/ the strong winds continuing for 24 hrs after.

Archived