• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Official Weenies Thank The Mets. Thread....

NavarreDon

Just wanted to take time to thank all the Mets. & experts who make this board what it is! All of you give so generously of your time us weenies really appreciate it. I think I have learned more about the weather in the past 10 days than in the past 45 yrs. You along with the Mods. & Admin. Make this a unique and special place.....that by the way my Wife hates. Thank You all Again. Don White

my sentiments exactly - thanks! without yalls help the rest of us would never have been able to track this storm. from what i can tell, almost all of us but those in TN ( :( ) have really cashed in big time. several inches around atl, snow in alabama, ne ga through the carolinas a lot of 5-7+ amounts :snowman: this is unbelievable for dec., and also after last winter and la nina. this ranks almost up there with last march here - the only difference was it all stuck last march instead of wasting a couple of hours lol

Yea kudos to everyone for forecasting for this event. The fact that we were tracking this since Monday is really a testament to the models and how things have improved with numerical weather prediction.

The euro winds hands down to first spotting the threat to the southeast. It might have lost its way, but in the end, it was seller in the medium range if a touch too strong.

You guys are all so flippin' awesome :wub: Thanks for all you do. I'm learning more and more everyday just listening to your disco. I just love this board in general, too. My husband doesn't share my love for all things weather-related and his eyes tend to glaze over when I talk about the Euro vs. the GFS, so it's nice to have some like-minded folks I can listen to and learn from.

To all you mets, amateurs, and weenies alike (keeping it interesting!), you deserve a Major Award for all you've done the past week. post-1694-0-52022400-1293378083.jpg

I will just copy and paste Burger's post. I agree 100%

Also, thanks for the PBP this week folks. This will be a great study for someone to do!

Yep thanks guys SBU, HKY, Raliegh, Foothills, Wow, Lookout, QueenCity, Phil, Tracker, and anyone else I forgot. This little weenie wouldn't have made it through the storm with out you guys! weight_lift.gif

Oh yeah, thanks to Cold Rain for threading us up and throwing his Snow Sheilas out the door!!

Yep thanks guys SBU, HKY, Raliegh, Foothills, Wow, Lookout, QueenCity, Phil, Tracker, and anyone else I forgot. This little weenie wouldn't have made it through the storm with out you guys! weight_lift.gif

Thanks all, awesome job and every time we weenies learn a little more!:weight_lift:

Great Job!! This storm has been a pure joy (sometimes the other thing LOL) to see unfold. Your insight has made us all a little smarter.

Special Thanks!! To Robert 'Foothills' Gamble and Mike 'StormsFury aka the Kraken" Blanton!!

+1

Special thanks to the SE CREW...you all are awesome :wub:

I'd love to thank all the Mets and the others that contributed in the wealth of information and guidance during this whole process. All the PBP's that were given, rivaled some of the best football games i've ever heard! I truly learned a lot from you guys and hope to learn even more in the future. Here's to hoping to more winter wx event for us this season and hopefully more fun to come.

Thanks for the opportunity. I like to learn with each system. This one I've got tons of info on from the start, so it will be put into the special vault. This one was sort of unique because we could almost "predict" which way the models were headed next, and in just looking at the pattern, the models indeed came back around. It was a wild ride and I enjoyed every second of the way. We don't get that many opportunities atleast widespread, to track something like what we just did. I know last season was so close, and really big in the Apps region. Chances are we're on a roll, and if we keep getting cycles of the NAO like we're getting (which runs in long term 30 yr cycles according to HPC), then I really think we'll be having a lot more to track in the next few years, maybe similar to the late 50's to early 80's cycle.

I definitely will closely read any case study associated with this system. My forecast ended up pretty much in tact with a few exceptions. I know my inner weenie got out a little last night despite what the science was telling me. Otherwise I hope I was a good contributor.

Talk about a roller coaster ride of a storm....almost relieved its over. Thanks to the mets for smacking us around a little and putting us back in our places when we attempted to dive. All of the PBP done for all the different models, and especially the pbp for the Euro at 1:30 in the morning, I appreciate that. Glad you guys are here.

This is a grey idea to have this thread! THANK YOU to all the Mets and Pro Forecasters out there! Also want to give some props to Foothills and to Burgertime! Foothills had this handled from the word GO. Burger kept us going with the PBP and was upfront when "he just did no know". We here in the Southeast forum are so lucky to have the talent that we have. Thes guys know what they are doing and "share te wealth" of info when they can, WITHOUT cockiness. The SE crew cannot be topped...we ARE the pure essence of TEAMWORK! I hope EVERYONE here had a Merry Christmas!

A special thanks to burgertime and Foothills for their great play by play for the GFS and Euro. Sitting up at 1am refreshing the page and seeing a post by burger that said "BOOM", what a rush! Man what a storm this has been and what a week. From the euro showing a monster and the SE crew exploding with excitement to Wednesday's runs that put many of us on the cliff, to Christmas eve when the models began to trend back! Just awesome! Snowman.gif

This is a grey idea to have this thread! THANK YOU to all the Mets and Pro Forecasters out there!

thanks Jason, it was a classic storm to follow and I always liked the idea of a big event likely when the Euro started honking early on so consistently, because it fit the pattern. Big ridge, strong block, anomalous amplification recently, others. So, I wasn't suprised the models trended east and then came back, the pattern really supported an extreme event. Turns out maybe not as extreme as it could have been, but it was as close as you could get I think, without going to the next level. I'm glad its over, and ready for a break with warmer temps.

thanks Jason, it was a classic storm to follow and I always liked the idea of a big event likely when the Euro started honking early on so consistently, because it fit the pattern. Big ridge, strong block, anomalous amplification recently, others. So, I wasn't suprised the models trended east and then came back, the pattern really supported an extreme event. Turns out maybe not as extreme as it could have been, but it was as close as you could get I think, without going to the next level. I'm glad its over, and ready for a break with warmer temps.

I wonder if we can post older SV maps. I have those big runs archived so it will be neat to see how they matched up.

I'm with you on that. Got a good snow storm so I'm going to be just relaxing and enjoying the warm temps!

This is a grey idea to have this thread! THANK YOU to all the Mets and Pro Forecasters out there! Also want to give some props to Foothills and to Burgertime! Foothills had this handled from the word GO. Burger kept us going with the PBP and was upfront when "he just did no know". We here in the Southeast forum are so lucky to have the talent that we have. Thes guys know what they are doing and "share te wealth" of info when they can, WITHOUT cockiness. The SE crew cannot be topped...we ARE the pure essence of TEAMWORK! I hope EVERYONE here had a Merry Christmas!

A special thanks to burgertime and Foothills for their great play by play for the GFS and Euro. Sitting up at 1am refreshing the page and seeing a post by burger that said "BOOM", what a rush! Man what a storm this has been and what a week. From the euro showing a monster and the SE crew exploding with excitement to Wednesday's runs that put many of us on the cliff, to Christmas eve when the models began to trend back! Just awesome! Snowman.gif

Thanks guys! But when you're counting on a :weenie: like me you might get burned!

Archived