• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
The Official Weenies Thank The Mets. Thread....

NavarreDon

Thanks for all the great pronostication and insight. It was much appreciated, especially the PBP. Someone should tally up all the posts related to this storm and see how long it holds up. I suspect it would be hard to beat since it took place leading up to the holidays and everyone had lots of time on the board.

TW

I would like to thank all of the mets especially FoothillsNC and people like Wow for the great info. :thumbsup:

I would like to thank Lookout for not suspending or banning me. :lol:

I would like to thank Widremann for complaining again...not really. :P

I would like to thank Cold Rain, Bloo Q Kazoo, and Big Frosty's monkey for bringing the mojo. :guitar:

I would like to thank Burgertime for the great PBP when every model came out. :weight_lift:

Hey guys, things were getting so busy for me a few days ago that I never got a chance to post a small "fluff" (pardon the pun) article that we ran Thursday afternoon in the paper up here in Marion. My colleague Mike Conley called me up and asked for my opinion on this event, of course I had to throw in a cheap plug for our forums...:)

http://www2.mcdowell...-day-ar-638861/

Hey guys, things were getting so busy for me a few days ago that I never got a chance to post a small "fluff" (pardon the pun) article that we ran Thursday afternoon in the paper up here in Marion. My colleague Mike Conley called me up and asked for my opinion on this event, of course I had to throw in a cheap plug for our forums...:)

Kudos for that one, good plug!

clap.gif

Thanks guys. This site is truly an amazing place for weather aficionados like us. It's funny....this is definately a unique on-line community. I mean what, just a few weeks ago our home (Eastern) was pulled out from under us and within a very short amount of time the horsepower behind the forum got this site up and running. We have the best group of pro met's here in the SE who post here AND put up with all of the BS that the ametuers throw out every day. This is a great place to watch and learn. A true Gem!!

Thanks again for all of your dedication and hard work!!:thumbsup:

Very cool Mr. Crawley

I would like to thank all of the mets especially FoothillsNC and people like Wow for the great info. :thumbsup:

I would like to thank Lookout for not suspending or banning me. :lol:

I would like to thank Widremann for complaining again...not really. :P

I would like to thank Cold Rain, Bloo Q Kazoo, and Big Frosty's monkey for bringing the mojo. :guitar:

I would like to thank Burgertime for the great PBP when every model came out. :weight_lift:

DITTO!! You folks deserve much more than a big thanks! The countless hours pouring over model data...the ups and the downs.....you are much appreciated!! Especially for ignos like me who rely on you folks being the "eyes" for us when model runs come out...Not there yet, but I learned alot!:thumbsup:

This place is like the Library at Alexandria compared to the way I had to follow weather in the 50's and 60's :) My thanks to the innerweb, and my thanks to you mets, and all you others..you know who you are. T

Dohhh... And, of course, all you great folks that put this site together when I thought my weather goose was cooked.

Very cool Mr. Crawley

Thanks...

I was being interviewed early Wednesday afternoon when the GFS first started showing a southern solution and the Euro was still showing a bomb. Come later that evening, I was starting to sweat when the Euro caved in. So therefor when Thursday's print edition was on the newsstands, I'm sitting here thinking about how stupid I'm going to look come Saturday and there is no snow. Needless to say, the models saved me last minute.

Huge thank you to the mets and other folks who offer their time and analysis. It's been a great ride and I've loved every minute...hour...day of it! It's great to have someplace to come where people are even more excited about the weather then I am, considering my husband thinks I'm a lunatic when I start talking about the weather!

Thanks again!

What a great thread. I would also like to thank the many mets and other knowledgeable people on the forum for all of the insight and expertise that you so graciously share with all of us. I rarely have anything to add, but I throughly enjoy reading and learning from all of you. This last storm was so exciting (the thrill of victory to the agony of defeat and back again) and was certainly something that I'll never forget. My index finger is still sore from pushing refresh over and over again to see if anyone will say "boom" during the many late night pbp's during the last week. The fact that it fell on Christmas was just icing on the cake, and what a beautiful sight it was! I've checked in here with every snow threat over the last several years (on eastern) and I know that I'll get great analysis with the added bonus of razor sharp wit and banter. Can't ask for more than that. Thanks again.

+1 & also thanks to everyone who contributes and makes this hobby so enjoyable. Loved all the PBP's espeacilly with this last storm. Felt like I was watching a new ballgame going down to the wire 4 times a day, what an adreneline rush!

Got a strong feeling we will get in a few more chases this winter. Only thing to chase the next 7 days is timing when the -NAO will reload and lock back in. In the mean time hope everyone enjoys catching up on their sleep.

missed out on reading everyone's obs on the run up to the storm friday...computer went down here on christmas eve (of all times...just got it repaired)...

i want to add my thanks, too.

there is sooo much knowledge at work on these boards. the mets are fabulous! there are some mighty fine 'amateurs' here as well.

i appreciate it. great place to observe and to learn...good for some laughs here, too...:snowman:

Thanks to all the mets and experienced members who made it really exciting to follow this storm for almost a week! I live in the western upstate sc in pickens county and if it wasn't for the forum and fox carolina's Andy Wood, our area is not informed to what could be heading our way for most winter events. I told alot of my friends that a good snow was coming for christmas just days before and they were laughing saying yeah right, everyone else is calling for just a few snow showers with nothing to worry about.

Our media mets for the most part only read their lines and then go home and really put in no effort in trying to keep the public informed to what may be coming our way. Again, the one exception to our area is Andy Wood and the rest of the weather team over at fox. Judging by what I have read on here that seems to be a pretty common theme across this area of the southeast. Again, thanks for all the hard work you do for the members here at the american weather forums!

I look forward to next week after a short break tracking the next winter storm!

Thanks to all the Mets for their hard work for this past week leading up to the storm on Christmas day. It is amazing to me how you can take the different models and come up with the forecast that you do. There is no doubt that your work is very demanding after what I saw last week. I am a law enforcement officer and have been for over 30 years, my hat is off to each one of you for a job very well done! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Archived