Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    19,042
    Total Members
    49,013
    Most Online
    loganboehmewx
    Newest Member
    loganboehmewx
    Joined

October 2026


MJO812
 Share

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, the_other_guy said:

Why is everyone bragging about no heat?

I dont get it.

41F here this morning. Heat was on…and has been on at least 5 times already. 

The weekend of 26/27, it was on several times during the day.

Who wants to be cold and damp in their house? Bizzaro

Agreed, turn on the heat or A/C as needed.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, the_other_guy said:

Why is everyone bragging about no heat?

I dont get it.

41F here this morning. Heat was on…and has been on at least 5 times already. 

The weekend of 26/27, it was on several times during the day.

Who wants to be cold and damp in their house? Bizzaro

No clue. I have a wife and kids and I want them to be comfortable. Maybe it makes people feel tough?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, the_other_guy said:

Why is everyone bragging about no heat?

I dont get it.

41F here this morning. Heat was on…and has been on at least 5 times already. 

The weekend of 26/27, it was on several times during the day.

Who wants to be cold and damp in their house? Bizzaro

it's a badge of honor thing to some to see how late they can go without flipping the heat on.   Kinda weird but whatever floats your boat

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, NorthShoreWx said:

39 here this morning.   Not an easy feat with nearby LIS temps in the 60s.

We had no power for a week after Isaiais in 2020.

PSEG really went to work in my neighborhood after Isaias and some other wind events and trimmed a lot of branches near wires so thankfully in this last storm I just had power flicker a couple times but was good. A few streets away though where they didn’t trim had no power for 2.5 days. :( 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, jm1220 said:

Historically the “I” storm seems to deliver, and it’s been 6 years since Isaias was last used and it’s on a 6 year cycle? 

There have been a lot of notable "I" names retired this century alone.  Ian, Ida, Igor, Ike, Iris, Isabel, Irene, Ivan, Ingrid, Irma.  That's 10 out of 25 years, and you can throw in a greek I as well, Iota in 2020.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, SI Mailman said:

There have been a lot of notable "I" names retired this century alone.  Ian, Ida, Igor, Ike, Iris, Isabel, Irene, Ivan, Ingrid, Irma.  That's 10 out of 25 years, and you can throw in a greek I as well, Iota in 2020.  

makes sense, by the time we get to the "I" storm it's usually the heart of the season

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Milder weather will return to the region starting tomorrow. Tomorrow through Monday will see the mercury returning to the upper 60s and lower 70s across the region.

The week will be dry. The next chance for precipitation could be Sunday or Monday. The moisture could be enhanced by the remnants of Isaiah.
 
The ENSO Region 1+2 anomaly was +5.3°C and the Region 3.4 anomaly was +3.2°C for the week centered around September 30. For the past six weeks, the ENSO Region 1+2 anomaly has averaged +4.63°C and the ENSO Region 3.4 anomaly has averaged +2.92°C. Both ENSO regions have set new all-time records. The ongoing strong El Niño, will continue to strengthen through the mid-fall. 

The SOI was -10.83 yesterday.

The preliminary Arctic Oscillation (AO) was +1.120 today. 

Based on sensitivity analysis applied to the latest guidance, there is an implied near 56% probability that New York City will have a warmer than normal October (1991-2020 normal). October will likely finish with a mean temperature near 58.5° (0.6° above normal). 

Supplemental Information: The projected mean would be 1.6° above the 1981-2010 normal monthly value. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...