northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
NYC/PHL Dec 26-27 Boxing Day Blizzard Part 8

NickD2011

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting to see that snow has begun in NYC before PHL. I am a little discouraged looking at the radar trends here in PHL, but it looks like it is slowly creeping northward. I am not very experienced at nowcasting though. Time will tell how we do in Philly...

I agree with this. I think PHL and NW burbs still see say 6-10", but the movement and alignment of the precip shield doesn't look good for 12+.

i know they say the ruc is not that great, but by hr 3 on the ruc compared to the gfs, the gfs surface low pressure is way east of where the ruc has it.

Models now aren't the best tool to use now, the radar is much better for nowcasting purposes.

BTW, awesome job with the Euro updates for this storm. Enjoy this one, you deserve it bud!! :snowman:

i know they say the ruc is not that great, but by hr 3 on the ruc compared to the gfs, the gfs surface low pressure is way east of where the ruc has it.

Tom,

Rob Guarino, a well respected Philly met, mentioned in his blog that pressure falls are west of the modeling. Just something to watch throughout the day.

Archived