Newest Member
    northernriwx
NYC/PHL Dec 26-27 Boxing Day Blizzard Part 8

NickD2011

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jeff,

So what do you think this means from Lynbrook to Dix Hills?

QPF wise? Maximum snows, ending times of accum snows?

I wouldn't be the one to ask.. But my guess is - if the model is right- first off the storm only moves about 150 miles in 9 hours from 10pm tonite to 7am monday.. By 7 am monday it's about 125 miles southeast of Montauk... I would guess that by that time, Long Island is getting raped with some good deformation snows..

Verbatim, this run would i'd imagine crush ENJ,SENY,NYC,WESTERN/CENTRAL LI

Jeff

Gotta love ho at 27 degrees the snow still melts on NYC streets, until it comes down at crazy rates...

SG, you called the early start times for us :thumbsup: Do you think early start times means more snow? There was 0 virga with this thing, as soon as the white line crossed the coast, I saw my first flakes :snowman:

I wouldn't be the one to ask.. But my guess is - if the model is right- first off the storm only moves about 150 miles in 9 hours from 10pm tonite to 7am monday.. By 7 am monday it's about 125 miles southeast of Montauk... I would guess that by that time, Long Island is getting raped with some good deformation snows..

Verbatim, this run would i'd imagine crush ENJ,SENY,NYC,WESTERN/CENTRAL LI

Jeff

Do you think the SW nassau Snow hole will be in effect for this one?

Can Light snows last till noon tomorrow?

make it 75. for me :P

Ok deal! It'll probably be about 100 miles east of the coast anyway-- which is fine for pretty much all of Long Island lol.

Were you amazed by the 0 virga? I mean, as soon as I saw the radar show white over the coast, I looked outside and I saw snowflakes! :snowman:

yeah he went very bullish last Feb 5th and increased amounts right before the storm. I know he had an 8-12" swath across areas that barely got an inch or two

steve tends to wear snow goggles.

i don't question his knowledge, but sometimes he leads with his heart instead of his head.

his site isnt loading for me

http://www.nynjpaweather.com/

Two historic points regarding the upcoming storm:

1) It would be only the third KU-type storm to occur with a moderate/strong La Niña (1871-2009). The December 1909 and January 2000 storms are the only ones to date.

2) It would only be the second 9" or greater snowfall at Norfolk (likely figure there) to bring a significant snowfall (10" or more to NYC). The only storm to do so to date is the February 1899 blizzard.

Radar returns looking like they are pushing more N than E now, good sign for Lehigh Valley south and north.

Sooner it starts the longer the duration obviously, so if I have to drive down to Mid-County and haul that storm on the back of my Kia then I will! 50 miles north baby, you can do it!

1) It would be only the third KU-type storm to occur with a moderate/strong La Niña (1871-2009). The December 1909 and January 2000 storms are the only ones to date.

2) It would only be the second 9" or greater snowfall at Norfolk (likely figure there) to bring a significant snowfall (10" or more to NYC). The only storm to do so to date is the February 1899 blizzard.

I just realized that KORF is at 7 or so inches already...1/16SM 2 of the last 3 obs...

That second stat is nothing to sneeze about... Insane!

Archived