Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
NYC/PHL Dec 26-27 Boxing Day Blizzard Part 8

NickD2011

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey guys just a friendly reminder, stay on topic, no IMBY questions... and dont post for the sake of posting... if you dont have anything pertinent to say...sit back and read and enjoy the show... lets keep the garbage posts down and keep this to a good weather discussion...make sure you reread the posting rules and regs!

if you're not sure if you have a relavant post, err on the side of caution and dont post it!

that being said, bring on the storm! :snowman:

hey guys just a friendly reminder, stay on topic, no IMBY questions... and dont post for the sake of posting... if you dont have anything pertinent to say...sit back and read and enjoy the show... lets keep the garbage posts down and keep this to a good weather discussion...make sure you reread the posting rules and regs!

if you're not sure if you have a relavant post, err on the side of caution and dont post it!

This. This. A million times this.

I don't think you will see the sustained winds needed for a true blizzard for at least 3 hours. Absolutely you will see higher gusts.

I don't think either. Probably a sustained wind of 20 mph sounds likely. Gusts probably 40+. It should have quite the drifting all over the local areas.

I'm starting to become concerned with the amount of snow being shown, and the low level jet being as strong as it may be, that certain areas in New Jersey up north could be facing a significant natural disaster from downed trees and power lines. The models showing a 85 knot low level jet tonight are very very concerning.

Yes, since the last thread thread turned into a disaster before it was locked, we are going to be using the 5 ppd rather liberally.

I'm starting to become concerned with the amount of snow being shown, and the low level jet being as strong as it may be, that certain areas in New Jersey up north could be facing a significant natural disaster from downed trees and power lines. The models showing a 85 knot low level jet tonight are very very concerning.

I'd be more worried if this was a wet snow, but its looking dry enough.

The MM5 is very classic looking with the H500 trough digging so far south and forming a closed low in Georiga (where have we seen that before... Oh, yes, the January 1996 Blizzard), it will be interesting to see if it can slow down a bit more (AKA cutoff low)

Archived