Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April Banter 2024

George BM

10 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

Caps are done. Limping to the finish line. 5 loses on a row. 

Blew a 2- 0 lead.

Outshot tonight 44 to 16.

Out of gas.....

They did not deserve to win this one but that was the first game in a while where the refs were really bad in that 3rd period.  Flyers (lost 6 in a row I think), caps and wings all looking weak.    Cannot compete with the good teams right now.

It is becoming more official every passing hour. Monday. Austin. Mostly cloudy. Maybe a few breaks. Massive cirrostratus overcast.

Good luck, New England, with the eclipse. You are forecast to have clear cool crisp weather. You should enjoy optimum eclipse viewing conditions.

I'm happy.

I just got to watch 27 inches of snow fall at Mammoth, thru a high definition camera. It's NOT the first time this season. I got to watch people struggle to walk thru deep snow.

Those of you who can, head for New England. There is still time, especially if you board a flight.

2 hours ago, Scarlet Pimpernel said:

@mappy...TULIPS coming soon!!  Hope to get some nice photos and will post some here for you (and everyone) when I can!  I've actually seen quite a few tulips coming out in the past couple of weeks.

Caught a pic of this happy bunch on a street corner in Lexington, VA yesterday morning....

image.thumb.jpeg.b276099281fca686a17bd09b4c898a49.jpeg

• Like 5

On 4/5/2024 at 9:42 PM, Chris78 said:

Caps are done. Limping to the finish line. 5 loses on a row. 

Blew a 2- 0 lead.

Outshot tonight 44 to 16.

Out of gas.....

Of course they’re going to keep us slightly hopeful and probably blow a 4-0 lead in the last game of the season to miss out. 

5 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Of course they’re going to keep us slightly hopeful and probably blow a 4-0 lead in the last game of the season to miss out. 

Lol. That would be one way to end the season.

During their 6 game losing streak and even last night they have been out shot badly.

Just not generating enough offensive chances. Hard to win games with only 6 to 8 shots on goal  per period.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

Lol. That would be one way to end the season.

During their 6 game losing streak and even last night they have been out shot badly.

Just not generating enough offensive chances. Hard to win games with only 6 to 8 shots on goal  per period.

Last 4 games are tough too. Buffalo, Tampa, Boston, Philly. Also a -40 goal difference? That would be one of the worst for a playoff team ever. (Meanwhile the Blues are out of the playoffs in the West and would be in the 2nd WC in the East)

17 hours ago, Scarlet Pimpernel said:

@mappy...TULIPS!!!  (2nd one is in black/white) :)

Tulips_1.thumb.jpg.29075ca54eb5dcbf5b3be6bd7fd72247.jpg

Tulips_2.thumb.jpg.de33484c9bc9486ad926fa49bcf576bc.jpg

Tulips_3.thumb.jpg.54893c73d891d1b3c45fcd9351a2f84b.jpg

Tulips_4.thumb.jpg.256cb81119afe7da7678bdbeb75ab166.jpg

Good morning S P. Magnificent photos! The colors, fresh scents backed by a blue sky while wrapped in sunlights warmth. My visual and olfactory senses will lead me to a wonderful high. I welcome Mother Natures natural addiction. Thank you, as always ….

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CAPE said:

The Orioles starting pitching looks shaky. Not too surprising. Additions will be needed at some point. Burnes needs to be the stopper today.

Was at the game last night. Kreamer was awful

1 hour ago, Chris78 said:

Was at the game last night. Kreamer was awful

1 hour ago, CAPE said:

Brutal pitching the first 2 games of this series. Hopefully Burnes is sharp against his old team, and the offense gets it going early.

I’ll be at today’s game. Kremer had some bad luck with soft contact, but he also gave up lots of hard contact…

3 hours ago, CAPE said:

The Orioles starting pitching looks shaky. Not too surprising. Additions will be needed at some point. Burnes needs to be the stopper today.

Unpopular opinion here.  Sign Trevor Bauer at league minimum.  If he hasn't learned and still is a jackass, the release him.  He wants to prove himself again and might be worth the risk. 

7 hours ago, rclab said:

Good morning S P. Magnificent photos! The colors, fresh scents backed by a blue sky while wrapped in sunlights warmth. My visual and olfactory senses will lead me to a wonderful high. I welcome Mother Natures natural addiction. Thank you, as always ….

Thank you for the kind words!  Glad you liked those!  There are so many tulips I've seen around the Bethesda area, it's like I couldn't decide what to choose for taking photos!!!

• Like 1

Re the Os, I’m not too surprised at the early season struggles. Young team, big success last year, loads of hype going into this season, the Holliday hype has been through the roof, etc. wouldn’t be a huge surprise if all of this got into their heads a bit. They have a nice stretch coming up that will hopefully allow them to pad some wins before a huge early season 4 game season against the Yankees at home at the end of the month. 

I’m still not sold on the pitching sans GRod and Burnes. Fortunately, they have pieces to use for a trade if they go that route.