Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Significant Miller B Nor'easter watch, Apr 3rd-4th

Typhoon Tip

11 minutes ago, GCWarrior said:

Snow isn’t really making it up to Mount Bohemia.  Rough winter for the upper Midwest.  They closed a few weeks ago.  26-39” might have got them back open.  

blizzard warning to boot, good times in the UP...

Just now, Weathernoob335 said:

Explains how some areas snow totals went down some but down almost everywhere, not just the southern areas

Excuse me I'm still learning that there's more to winter forecasting than just clown maps, seriously though this stuffs complex :lol:

Yeah the 18z Euro sucked in the marginal areas. Midlevel warmth didn't budge and precip rates during the important 06z - 12z timeframe were not impressive. 

2 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Good. Let's widdle this down to less than 10". I hope is busts badly
Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

I get it, the past two days have been top-10 spring days on the mountain, but then part of me is like if it’s going to snow 3”, it might as well snow 12-18”.  It all melts fast anyway in April.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, PWMan said:

My favorite part of these threads is people pretending to be rooting against snow when they sense that model trends might be going against them. 

TBF ones mood changes when it's marginal snowfall, who wants a sloppy inch when they could have had 6, at some point I'm sure most just say "take it and leave, I don't want it anymore"

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

From here on out, trends on that will be important. 

Looked about the same overall, had a little more snow in nrn ORH. I actually thought it was warmer at first. 

The thing is, it’s sloppy convection getting thrown north and blossoming over SNE. So the key is how this happens. Does it get its act together to the south and transform into a uniform heavy precip shield or does it start conglomerating over SNE and we have to choke out the dry air in the DGZ as it does so. Such a weird system. 

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Looked about the same overall, had a little more snow in nrn ORH. I w really thought it was warmer at first. 

The thing is, it’s sloppy convection getting thrown north and blossoming over SNE. So the key is how this happens. Does it get its act together to the south and transform into a uniform heavy precip shield or does it start conglomerating over SNE and we have to choke out the dry air in the DGZ as it does so. Such a weird system. 

That's why it's best to go light with the forecast.

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Looked about the same overall, had a little more snow in nrn ORH. I actually thought it was warmer at first. 

Lol at onset it definitely looked warmer