• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April 2024 General Discussion

rainsucks

Beautiful day here with temps running in the mid-upper 60's. Low humidity has fire danger up a little with some gusty winds. Yesterday saw very warm temps as well in the mid-upper 60's. Take it while you can. April loves to swing hard.

3 hours ago, cyclone77 said:

Was in MO, OK, and TX all last week.  Looks like mid summer down in TX.

Up here it's greening up pretty nicely now. Several trees are starting to leaf out.  

Looking forward to some boomers Tue evening 

We're at about 95% leaf out here in DFW at least. Some of the trees still have that early season yellow tint to them, and the pine trees (the ones that lose their leaves) still aren't in full bloom. 

Once you get up to Texoma (outside of the Urban Heat Island), I'd say it's more like 75-80% leaf out.

I imagine the trees definitely have a mid-summer look down in Austin / San Antonio / Houston though.

13 minutes ago, Powerball said:

We're at about 95% leaf out here in DFW at least. Some of the trees still have that early season yellow tint to them, and the pine trees (the ones that lose their leaves) still aren't in full bloom. 

Once you get up to Texoma (outside of the Urban Heat Island), I'd say it's more like 75-80% leaf out.

I imagine the trees definitely have a mid-summer look down in Austin / San Antonio / Houston though.

Yeah we were down in Huntsville TX north of Houston.  Glad we were there before the major heat set in lol

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, weatherbo said:

Made it to 56 here today with light winds, full sun...felt really nice.  Opened the windows for some fresh air. Hopefully done with the white stuff.

When MN Fishing opener is over, then the white stuff is over. That would be the 2nd weekend of May. :lol:

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, cyclone77 said:

Yeah we were down in Huntsville TX north of Houston.  Glad we were there before the major heat set in lol

I was back up on Detroit briefly this weekend. Even there, they're finally starting to see some leafing out (I'd say it was about 10-15%). Everything was still bare 2 weeks ago.

The grass was extremely green/lush though, more so than I expected for mid-April. It speaks to how warm the winter was there.

Storms just south of the ohio river are absolutely crawling, this one near lagrange, ky has barely moved in the last hour! (warning says moving SE at 5mph...)

image.thumb.png.d1632382425c3587858edbdc8e561419.png

7:40pm

image.thumb.png.9abc40021508493e6c6501078454d854.png

8:30pm

On 3/28/2024 at 9:14 AM, rainsucks said:

Probably won't see any extreme warmth for the first half of the month, but you can't deny that it will be solidly above average.

yep, comfortably above average as expected, with the past seven days being very warm across the region.

MonthTDeptUS.png

7dTDeptMRCC.png