• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central Pa. Spring 2024

0.24" of rain so far since yesterday here in East Nantmeal. Might see another 0.25" or more if any thunderstorms pop up. Shower chances finally go away by Saturday PM and after a chilly Saturday we should see a nice warming trend get underway by Sunday and carry us into next week.
Chester County records for today: High 90 degrees Devault (1977) / Low 18 degrees Phoenixville (1921) / Rain 2.29" Kennett Square (1913) / Snow 3.0" Devault (1959)image.png.aa4ebefc082628c19aa88f50907f0211.png
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Low of 60 with .41" of rain.  Sitting at 60/58 with more rain on the doorstep.  Squeezed in a quick mini-mow yesterday of some of the thicker spots.

You were just a hair east last night and missed out on my training time - I had nearly an inch, my cousin in Washington Boro recorded 1.13".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Losing streak over.  The Caps and Flyers last several weeks are about as bad as it comes trying to get a spot.  And the Pens and Wings tied which is worst case...3 points instead of 2. 

Flyers made their bed - they were firmly in control of their destiny and let it slip away. I'd like to see them beat the Devils tomorrow and then see how significant the final game becomes against your team. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Time for some number updates:

Rainfall since midnight: .31"

Rainfall for this event: .87"

Rainfall for April: 5.16"

Rainfall 2024: 14.93" 

I was hoping it wouldn't rain for another week so I could plow my garden which is located in the bottom lands next to the creek. It will take awhile to dry out again.

• Like 2

Just now, mahantango#1 said:

I was hoping it wouldn't rain for another week so I could plow my garden which is located in the bottom lands next to the creek. It will take awhile to dry out again.

You're not kidding. That's one thing that stood out to me on my drive to work this morning - even though the rainfall amounts overnight weren't earth-shattering, there is water lying everywhere. There's no room for it to go right now. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

You're not kidding. That's one thing that stood out to me on my drive to work this morning - even though the rainfall amounts overnight weren't earth-shattering, there is water lying everywhere. There's no room for it to go right now. 

Yes that ground is still saturated from the rain this year so far I have 15.88 for the year. And this month 4.72 for the month so far.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Time for some number updates:

Rainfall since midnight: .31"

Rainfall for this event: .87"

Rainfall for April: 5.16"

Rainfall 2024: 14.93" 

Rainfall yesterday (~7am-7am):  .41"

Rainfall for April:  4.73"

Rainfall for 2024:  17.98"

Would be curious to know if anyone is greater than my nearly 18" YTD figure??

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Down to 47 here.  For the year we have had close to 13" now putting us in the top 20 wettest periods to this point using HGR numbers.  

Your total of 17.98" would be the second wettest start to the year since 1889 using MDT's numbers.   As is MDT is #4 pending today's numbers getting added in.

image.png.b68f5e57917419abb520b20c983f3121.png

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Not down south but totals in NEPA are crazy. 

Rainfall Today: 1.21

Rainfall for April:  5.55

Rainfall for 2024:  23.49

Was +12 inches over average in 2023. Every storm that goes through here knocks over tons of trees-healthy and unhealthy. The amount of tree damage the past months is nuts. I have lost 4 large mature trees.

• Thanks 1