• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central Pa. Spring 2024

23 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Peg takes it on the chops.    If I were you I would not cancel yet.   Every day it vacillates between rainy and just cloudy.  And, I think there is still a chance of snow next weekend. 

We're going whenever it happens, no cancelation here. 

Phillies are giving out scarves on Opening Day. What am I going to do with a scarf? I don't ever wear gloves let alone that nonsense.

• Haha 1

Phillies are giving out scarves on Opening Day. What am I going to do with a scarf? I don't ever wear gloves let alone that nonsense.
Cut your grass wearing 70's basketball shorts, old school knee high white socks, shirtless with the scarf soaked in ice water around your neck

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

#ebayis4u.   Is giving out scarves opening day similar to the groundhog declarations re: their forecast?   Are the Phils saying cold spring? 

12 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

#ebayis4u.   Is giving out scarves opening day similar to the groundhog declarations re: their forecast?   Are the Phils saying cold spring? 

I'm giving mine to my daughter. She can wear it each time she comes to visit the #acinmaytownzone.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Only got down to 31 here on the eastern end of West Hempfield Township.  The week ahead not looking nearly as warm as was forecast a week or so ago, to the point where we're likely to fall out of the top ten for the monthly mean. 

We (MDT) are already down to 12 are we not?  Maybe you meant final tally after this week. 

image.png.6d427ea9fcc6dcc425dd16f80c5b1b15.png

15 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

We (MDT) are already down to 12 are we not?  Maybe you meant final tally after this week. 

image.png.6d427ea9fcc6dcc425dd16f80c5b1b15.png

Yes I meant the final monthly mean temp.  We were supposed to bring the average back up this week but that now looks unlikely.  It may come up a smidge but will mostly hold steady.

• Like 1

The latest GFS is the nightmare spring scenario people are always talking about.   A whole run of Morch due to the Atlantic finally coming alive.   Not warm, not cold. 
It makes sense. We are in winter now.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just now, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Yes I meant the final monthly mean temp.  We were supposed to bring the average back up this week but that now looks unlikely.  It may come up a smidge but will mostly hold steady.

Yea, it would take more warmth that the GFS has to add 1.0 to the total and I suspect it goes down some by tomorrow AM as well.   Even if MDT gets to 55 today, their daily mean would only be 43. 

Widespread below freezing temps again this morning. We should see another day of below normal temps with highs struggling to escape the 40's to near 50 for most areas. Clouds will increase tonight as a storm continues to spin off the coast and will begin to push a marine layer from the ocean across the area from NE to SW tonight. Tomorrow looks cloudy and chilly again. Rain chances increase by Wednesday night into the day Thursday. May cause a delay till Friday for the Phillies home opener.
Records for today: High 85 degrees in Phoenixville (1939) / Low 12 above in Kennett Square and Coateville (1896) / Rain 1.63" Kennett Square (1909) / Snow 4.5" East Nantmeal (2013)
image.png.c8a6939f6e83ed2f8aaf5c4c5b207191.png