• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Central Pa. Spring 2024

2 hours ago, Jns2183 said:

Neither side cares about them. They would probably get cared about a lot more quickly if they disabled the railroads in a meaningful way running all through those areas. People would at least have to take notice

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Big sigh. I would like to think so but I can't say I really do. 

1 minute ago, Jns2183 said:

My grass needs cut again from Monday

Yes I got to get mowing too But down at the creek I wont be able to mow an area or two, as the winter springs are open again their flowing and the water is just sitting there. I need a week without it raining and sun to dry out.

Through May 15, the mean temperature at Harrisburg International Airport (MDT) is currently 45.8F, good for 4th warmest YTD in the threaded records behind 2023, 1998 & 2012.

image.png.062f86d973080b61a7e57faf5a10ab8a.png

Turning to the top 10 for the full year, 2021 is number one, followed by 2023 and 2020.

image.png.adca9719b0452c9a76dafb61a97aa118.png

To date, MDT is running 1.7F warmer than 2021, 1.3F warmer than 2020 and 0.8F cooler than 2023. Could make a run for warmest year on record this year (dating to 1889).

19 hours ago, Jns2183 said:

What is the mean, std dev, total changed for each of the periods. More so what is their reason for a change and how they support the decision. The most important part is the support for the changes. You can't say they are wrong without proving their support wrong.

They speak in general terms of site movements, time of observation adjustments and equipment issues. The detail appears to not be applied at a station level they simply apply it to the county wide averages.

While not the sunniest of days, today and Friday should be dry and not too far from our normal high in the low 70's. We chill back down to below normal over the weekend with shower chances the highest on Saturday but dry again on Sunday.
Chester County wide records for today: High 91 degrees at Phoenixville (1945) / Low 30 degrees at Coatesville 1SW (1956) / Rain 2.16" at Glenmoore (2012)
image.png.7a022ed31e75ec8af52b707c610aa5bd.png

3 minutes ago, ChescoWx said:

They speak in general terms of site movements, time of observation adjustments and equipment issues. The detail appears to not be applied at a station level they simply apply it to the county wide averages.

They must be manipulating the raw data out of the MDT ASOS because almost every recent year has been record warm.

20 minutes ago, TheClimateChanger said:

They must be manipulating the raw data out of the MDT ASOS because almost every recent year has been record warm.

You are indeed correct just like in Chester County the NCEI has in fact at least for every single year since 2000 adjusted the temperature for Harrisburg above what has been reported at MDT (see below) Do you know what if any other stations are included in the NCEI Harrisburg data?

image.png.d1fae3984b0e306174172a52140338dd.png

11 minutes ago, ChescoWx said:

You are indeed correct just like in Chester County the NCEI has in fact at least for every single year since 2000 adjusted the temperature for Harrisburg above what has been reported at MDT (see below) Do you know what if any other stations are included in the NCEI Harrisburg data?

image.png.d1fae3984b0e306174172a52140338dd.png

Looks like those are based primarily off CXY, which makes sense since it used to be the official station in Harrisburg. MDT is about a degree or so cooler. It's a trick NOAA does to hide the warming. Repeatedly switch the "official" station to ever cooler locations to mask some of the warming trend. From a downtown windowsill to a downtown rooftop to an urban airport on the outskirts of town and then to a much larger airport in a rural-suburban area either surrounded by water or at a higher elevation, and then thread them all together! Also to hide even more warming switch the data source from a warmer LiG thermometer housed in CRS to an automated weather station (MMTS/ASOS). And then have trolls complain about any adjustments that are made.

2 minutes ago, TheClimateChanger said:

Looks like those are based primarily off CXY, which makes sense since it used to be the official station in Harrisburg. MDT is about a degree or so cooler. It's a trick NOAA does to hide the warming. Repeatedly switch the "official" station to ever cooler locations to mask some of the warming trend.

Looks like the trick was indeed to clearly amplify the warming....I will run CXY also great stuff!!

1 minute ago, ChescoWx said:

Looks like the trick was indeed to clearly amplify the warming....I will run CXY also great stuff!!

How does moving the station around to a cooler location and "threading" them together amplify warming? 

4 minutes ago, ChescoWx said:

they warmed each and every year.....correct?

Looks like relative to CXY, those values are warmer through 2016 and then recent years are the same or slightly less, which would have the effect of decreasing the trend over that period. Either way, the bigger concern is NOAA indicates Harrisburg saw a 58.1F annual mean temperature last year. That's warmer than the historical annual mean temperature of Richmond, Virginia, and within a couple of degrees of places like Charlotte and Raleigh in North Carolina.

24 minutes ago, TheClimateChanger said:

Looks like relative to CXY, those values are warmer through 2016 and then recent years are the same or slightly less, which would have the effect of decreasing the trend over that period. Either way, the bigger concern is NOAA indicates Harrisburg saw a 58.1F annual mean temperature last year. That's warmer than the historical annual mean temperature of Richmond, Virginia, and within a couple of degrees of places like Charlotte and Raleigh in North Carolina.

But of course neither KMDT or KCXY actually recorded a 58.1 degree mean temperature - MDT was 56.8 and CXY 57.9