• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Wednesday, February 28, 2024 Mild temperatures ahead of a Strong Arctic Cold Front with a Line of Rain and Thunderstorms Associated by Big Bad Wolf howling winds knocking down forests followed by Brief, but chilly Arctic Cold

weatherwiz

Low of 18.5° this morning. 0.32" in the Stratus for the storm total. No snow accumulation whatsoever.

Power must have flashed or gone out briefly while I was sleeping as clocks reset about 4 and a half hours ago.

Wind never seemed to get too bad but I'm pretty sheltered where I'm at. I only counted maybe one or two gusts that got the house to creak a little. 

1 minute ago, eekuasepinniW said:

Yeah it was some top shelf stuff.  Tied my all-time record wind gust of 55mph and reached the low 50's several times.  

My Davis C batteries apparently finally died after being installed in 2006 so when the power went out I lost wind data for awhile. But that’s pretty good. Was it coming right off the channel from the WSW? I remember you’ve roared from that direction in the past. 

7 minutes ago, dendrite said:

My Davis C batteries apparently finally died after being installed in 2006 so when the power went out I lost wind data for awhile. But that’s pretty good. Was it coming right off the channel from the WSW? I remember you’ve roared from that direction in the past. 

Yeah the direction has been perfect.  Even saw one of those spraynados.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Dropped 25 degrees in 38 minutes. Flash froze water on my truck

That is pretty impressive. Don't see that around here too often. 

I think the best FROPA I've ever been in was when I was at the AMS in Austin in 2018. Temperatures went from mid 70's I think into the 20's. Came with a massive gust of wind. The colder air hit like pins and needles. 

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Pines FTL . About your pellet stove/ why the smoke? No natural draft? Something is amiss 

Pipe goes straight out the wall but when the fans turn off there’s no where for the smoke to go. There’s no natural draft with this. It’s a Breckwell Big E. 
IMG_6432.jpeg
IMG_6433.jpeg

• Like 1