March 2024 disco/obs

Torch Tiger

6 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah definitely hallucinations 

6 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Bong hits and inhales? 

6 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

In a dime bag. 

Epic short term fail by a degreed met and his frat butt buddy. What the hell is a dime bag. Scooter stuck in the 90s

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

30 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

I was told I was doing too many Bong hits or something like that by a Met here when we suggested snow at elevation in CT. Imagine that

The all hot all the time crowd has really struggled this March. It's sad to see.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

53 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

I was told I was doing too many Bong hits or something like that by a Met here when we suggested snow at elevation in CT. Imagine that

Was that the same guy who said everybody but a couple summits were skiing on granite?  :lol:  

• Haha 2

42F and we had a snow shower a little while ago.  Up here there m Maybe quite a snow squall event with fropa around 8pm up here?  Flash freeze after 1-2" of heavy snow.  No salt on the roads so snow will melt and perhaps making things slippery.  No winter weather advisory.  It might not meet criteria but these things can catch people off guard.  Then on to Saturday.  Let's get this active pattern overwith before April 8th

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

Sensible wx is what most people care about at the end of the day. It’s like how in mid-winter, you can have a day where ORH is like 30/24 with spitting light snow. That day maybe ends up as +3. But nobody normal would actually consider that an above normal temp day. Esp since it was all driven by the min temps. 

It’s even worse imho in early spring like right now. You can have a 42/37 day with drizzle which is positive departures but nobody gives a fook that the low was 37 instead of 28. They consider that cold and miserable. 

Yes thanks and welcome back. 

• Like 1

It's  weird ...   NAM's 500 mb thicknesses are < 515 over Logan, and < 510 over BTV ...  

that's pretty impressively cold.  I don't think it was that cold in that particular metric at any time during this last winter

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

Sensible wx is what most people care about at the end of the day. It’s like how in mid-winter, you can have a day where ORH is like 30/24 with spitting light snow. That day maybe ends up as +3. But nobody normal would actually consider that an above normal temp day. Esp since it was all driven by the min temps. 

It’s even worse imho in early spring like right now. You can have a 42/37 day with drizzle which is positive departures but nobody gives a fook that the low was 37 instead of 28. They consider that cold and miserable. 

WTTE over and over but alas. Science!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

It's  weird ...   NAM's 500 mb thicknesses are < 515 over Logan, and < 510 over BTV ...  

that's pretty impressively cold for "normal" temperatures underneath. 

We call that pretty blues at 500. Congrats summit peaks.

• Like 1