Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2024 disco/obs

Torch Tiger

6 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Lol… oh boy. 

All my foolishness aside, it does look like a legitimate possibility to see some measurable here in the lowlands, especially if it’s timed overnight Fri/Sat. That said—let’s see where this is Friday.

• Like 1

Just now, WxWatcher007 said:

All my foolishness aside, it does look like a legitimate possibility to see some measurable here in the lowlands, especially if it’s timed overnight Fri/Sat. That said—let’s see where this is Friday.

Nah everything AN 80s to end the month. 2012 junior 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Probably over Ginxy's house. :lol: 

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, dendrite said:

End of the month warmup will probably wash these negative anomalies right out.

It's starting to show up way out there.   

I've said this before but whatever ... things can turn around and get real warm faster than most may think - I think of it as a microcosm of last year's outre planetary heat burst - when the La Nina collapsed and the Earth seemed to respond as though it were always taut like a rubber band ... catapulting in the other direction, both air and sea in every direction.

It wouldn't be the same cause ... but in principle, it shows how even large systems can abruptly change when removing a suppressive influence. 

We happened to migrate into a -EPO that would have been more pleasing to the pallet if it had arrived around Dec 10, no doubt.  Now?   there are a few struggler die-hards that think it's okay to go ahead and snow in June ... but by and large, I think the consensus sentiment leans toward getting on with summer affairs.   Oh well...  it was going to be one thing or the other in New England springs

Anyway, when the EPO vanquishes - and it is a pretty hard stop in all the teleconnector sources ... - an abrupt change isn't unprecedented.

25 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Pools have been opening up across the region. What a heater.

To be fair DIT did show a picture of a cookout. No one was actually outside enjoying the weather but there were hamburgs on a grill.

• Haha 1