joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2024 disco/obs

Torch Tiger

14 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

You’re not too bright are ya

Fucking wrote it in black-and-white you guys was meant in the royal sense  

Well, I am not bright enough to invent new language concepts such as the "royal you", which has heretofore been confined to the "royal we, us, or our".  Funny coincidence, but there is an article in today's NYT describing how a certain presidential candidate loves to use the "royal we", lol.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Ha, Wolfie snarls.  It’s still too early for 90s.  No one wants to deal with that in February.  Not in a historical context, just general sense was the discussion.

Yes, of course I completely agree. I was meaning historically.  But I understand and agree with your point. This why we don’t live there. I’m not a fan of 90’s(at least for any extended periods that is) either. 

10 minutes ago, Go Kart Mozart said:

Well, I am not bright enough to invent new language concepts such as the "royal you", which has heretofore been confined to the "royal we, us, or our".  Funny coincidence, but there is an article in today's NYT describing how a certain presidential candidate loves to use the "royal we", lol.

He said you guys in the royal sense, lol, not "royal you". I dunno, I understood his intent immediately. 

33 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

I do like the NAO and AO going negative  .

The problem is that there is no cold air in Canada.

It’s why it will be shit start to spring. Could be N or even slightly AN temps but cutoff rainy season is here. No snow and no big EC ridge march 2012 pattern…just weather purgatory. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

GFS is a disaster.

I like how how the front that was supposed to end the warm up mid, next week .. completely frontalysizes and can't get E of 90 W on this run.

Where's that coming from - 

It looks like the GFS is having trouble with the PNA footprint over the eastern limb ( aka where the conus is).

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I like how how the front that was supposed to end the warm up mid, next week .. completely frontalysizes and cant' E of 90 W on this run.

Where's that coming from - 

It looks like the GFS is having trouble with the PNA footprint over the eastern limb ( aka where the conus is).

Starts to get a little blocky in the NAO domain too.

actually all the models are doing that.

They can't seem to raise heights over the eastern conus aspect of the -PNA ... They keep sagging the non-hydrostats running up underneath us. 

Hard to say if that is real or just the models exposing some kind of physical overt sensitivity but with that much trough swinging through the west, a more cohesive ridge is is allowed back east. Doesn't mean it has to but that's creating a NE flow out of the Maritime.

48 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

And take in the clean nyc air and peaceful sounds?

Yummm the smell of shit and piss

19 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

Did NYC even need to take the shove out of storage?

I did 2 times

I have more snow than Central Park , heck even more than parts of coastal SNE.