Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Someone has to mention Feb 23 obs

40/70 Benchmark

5 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

I love you man and you know it. Brutal overall with at least some time to enjoy this year. I  have had much worse.

I'm just frustrated...its difficult because this place serves two purposes for me....an outlet to think and speak freely with emotion, as well as a place to disseminate forecast info and sometimes the two get get obfuscated. That is part or my motivation for the blog....to distinguish the two.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Nice 11 inch week here almost 6 OTG.  Yesterday's CAA wind rippers / last nights this mornings quiet peaceful dendrites/ this afternoons windex squalls. Nothing to complain about. What's past is past. Carpe Diem

Yup…  just smilin’ 

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I wonder if what is or is not happening next week is trying to focus more on that weekend, as opposed to much of anything on Friday....some hints of that.

Will drag mentions that in his post. That Thursday into Friday might be kind of a warm rainer, and then a consolidated coastal storm on the weekend.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I may be making a county trip first week of march but is going to be contingent on if we see anymore snow up here, I'm watching this one because it looks like that will be it for me after this.

They're grooming it all and it's real cold but thin cover is hardening up as we've had no refreshment for a week+. Lotta broken springs from the hard chatter. Any new cover will make a world of diff for the trail riders. 

For me, these are the best days to go fielding. So much area- fields bigger than Hartford. Field edges and the river are butter soft.

Field and stream- the best riding.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I'm just frustrated...its difficult because this place serves two purposes for me....an outlet to think and speak freely with emotion, as well as a place to disseminate forecast info and sometimes the two get get obfuscated. That is part or my motivation for the blog....to distinguish the two.

That’s how I feel. Honest to God it makes me want a condo in Naples and just never deal with 4 months of shit. It’s really difficult to endear months of shit weather with nothing to show. Never  did I think this winter would be worse than last. 

• Like 6

Just now, CoastalWx said:

That’s how I feel. Honest to God it makes me want a condo in Naples and just never deal with 4 months of shit. It’s really difficult to endear months of shit weather with nothing to show. Never  did I think this winter would be worse than last. 

Naples Maine, you mean.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, cleetussnow said:

Holy shit a weather post in this thread! I thought I’d never see one again.

Lol I posted it to get a rise out of some. Op runs lol but hey let's play with a 492 and watch some bombs go off. Some of today's windex squalls have some excellent growth soundings. Travelers heads up

• Like 1

EPS/GEFS have been pretty consistent in flipping warm after the 24/25th so the heart of winter is on its last legs. We’re obviously not done up here even if the deeper east ridging pans out, but March snow has a different feel. Maybe it’s the lack of staying power after it falls. Maybe it’s the burnt nape while I’m clearing it. idk.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

EPS/GEFS have been pretty consistent in flipping warm after the 24/25th so the heart of winter is on its last legs. We’re obviously not done up here even if the deeper east ridging pans out, but March snow has a different feel. Maybe it’s the lack of staying power after it falls. Maybe it’s the burnt nape while I’m clearing it. idk.

Don’t tell Wolf that. 

This past week would have been so much better in December with low sun angle . This is precisely as we’ve discussed. Once into early/ mid Feb and beyond it takes away the wintry feel. Even in the 20’s today the snow only stuck on the back roads .. and the coast and valleys start melting as soon as it ends . Why can’t we just get snow in December 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, dendrite said:

It's probably the looming inevitability that July is still coming

46 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

How we weenie pray

500h_anom.na.png

6Z ensembles look so different.  Off or on topic, I was in elementary school in the 70s, and at least on Long Island that was a boring period snow wise until the Arctic 76-77 and magic 77-78 winters.  February 78 storm, I missed 5 days of Catholic school in Amityville.  Wonderful.  Our drainage sewers ran to the Great South Bay, and salt water backing up had the 2 feet of snow near the drains green tinged.  Wonderful.

• Like 1

Everybody has their own feelings and ideas, and that’s cool.  For me, any good to major snow storm is a good snow storm.  If it’s December, I love that too. If it’s a Mid March Monster storm, I love that just as much. I get the whole low light and dim idea of December, and I do like that too. I’ll take it and enjoy it at any time is my opinion. 

But being in mid Feb…that’s still very much winter vibe for me. And if March has cold, and some decent snow storms in the first half, I like that feel too. 

But I will say, if it’s an inch or two of slop in March, then I don’t need that.  3-6” or more in a March storm, or keep it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

This past week would have been so much better in December with low sun angle . This is precisely as we’ve discussed. Once into early/ mid Feb and beyond it takes away the wintry feel. Even in the 20’s today the snow only stuck on the back roads .. and the coast and valleys start meriting as soon as it ends . Why can’t we just get snow in December 

Yeah I noticed that.  The snow today didn't strick to pavement very well,  even with the temperatures at 28F . The roughly 1" of snow from this morning is gone. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

Yeah I noticed that.  The snow today didn't strick to pavement very well,  even with the temperatures at 28F . The roughly 1" of snow from this morning is gone. 

Well to be fair..an inch isn’t very much, and your rates weren’t too good, so you have to factor that in too. We had two inches here, and it stuck to the roads fine until it slowed down and stopped.  But ya…low sun angle is better for retention, and sticking with paltry rates.  But beggars can’t be choosers. 

I need to have that coastal next Saturday to hammer NNE. If it does it’s game on for more March sledding. And that’s a win for me. 

• dendrite changed the title to Someone has to mention Feb 23 obs
  • dendrite pinned this topic
  • dendrite unpinned this topic