Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Someone has to mention Feb 23 obs

40/70 Benchmark

Just now, CoastalWx said:

CT folks high off snow still.

It’s been a good wintry week. Is it still a shitty winter..yes for sure.  But it’s definitely improved here from where we were a week ago.  2 more inches today and still snowing lightly.   All we’ve heard for a decade is about Eastern Massachusetts…when you guys over performed on every event. Now it’s sucking out there, and things are breaking a little better here…just let us enjoy it some. 

I know it sucks real bad where you are..so I get it that you want it over. But can we enjoy the winter weather here for a little while?  And then see where Next Friday and Saturday go?  

You might want to take a little break. 

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

It’s been a good wintry week. Is it still a shitty winter..yes for sure.  But it’s definitely improved here from where we were a week ago.  2 more inches today and still snowing lightly.   All we’ve heard for a decade is about Eastern Massachusetts…when you guys over performed on every event. Now it’s sucking out there, and things are breaking a little better here…just let us enjoy it some. 

I know it sucks real bad where you are..so I get it that you want it over. But can we enjoy the winter weather here for a little while?  And then see where Next Friday and Saturday go?  

You might want to take a little break. 

All we need now is a 18-24”er along 84 to nw boston where sematt rains to finish scooter off like mortal combat.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I never bragged or took any snow away. Just commenting since Ginx said Ray quit. I get it. Enjoy the high. 

No you didn’t brag at all.  But we’ve had to endure 10-12 yrs of getting boned here relatively speaking, while everybody in SE Mass we’re doing snow angels, and out performing almost every storm over the rest of us in SNE.   Time for things to even out some. 

3 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

All we need now is a 18-24”er along 84 to nw boston where sematt rains to finish scooter off like mortal combat.

Lmao…that would do it. Hell, 8-12”‘would do that. 

13 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

What a bunch of BS Ray lol. You cancelled saw no other threats nothing to do with OP runs. Cmon man you are being disingenuous.  Unlike me huh. Hey thats more bullshit. Sorry to call you out but you definitely quit . Go start writing next year as this year was a waste.

I not being disingenuous about anything. All of my thoughts are on record; I'm sorry you can't seem to wrap your mind around that, but that is your problem, not mine.

12 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I never bragged or took any snow away. Just commenting since Ginx said Ray quit. I get it. Enjoy the high. 

He never goes on record himself...he just likes to cherry pick quotes out of the open stream of consciousness that is a weather forum to try to twist the thoughts of those that do. I remember he made some effort with the "Ginxy Gale" stuff several years back, but gave it up to shovel doggie doo when the going got tough. More time to pass judgement, now I guess.

9 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I’m already done. It’s depressing. One thing to miss out on a big dog but still get a foot like you guys. It’s another thing to get mutilated two years in a row when you look forward to it every year. Hopefully we’re done.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, CoastalWx said:

I’m already done. It’s depressing. One thing to miss out on a big dog but still get a foot like you guys. It’s another thing to get mutilated two years in a row when you look forward to it every year. Hopefully we’re done.

Oh I/we get it…for sure. Know the feeling all too well.  Not fun.  Yes we all look so forward to it, and we hurt when things go bad. 

22 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

He never goes on record himself...he just likes to cherry pick quotes out of the open stream of consciousness that is a weather forum to try to twist the thoughts of those that do. I remember he made some effort with the "Ginxy Gale" stuff several years back, but gave it up to shovel doggie doo when the going got tough. More time to pass judgement, now I guess.

Ginx Gale was a year in advance to the day look it up. Was on Eastern. If you put it out there expect some shit. Suck it up buttercup

36 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

What's that have to do with last week's snow. Dude cancelled winter and won't admit it. I hope we KU south coast for days. 

sometimes the large scale pattern is just really bad. Nothing wrong with giving up and just accepting it isn’t our year, and looking to the next winter. I’m still going to track because I track rainstorms too (which is what I am expecting the 24th to be for my area), but I am officially declaring my 20-30 inch seasonal forecast for the Boston area a massive BUST. Boston will not crack 20 inches this year, I would bet money on it. Honestly, I don’t think they will crack 15 at this point.

32 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Ginx Gale was a year in advance to the day look it up. Was on Eastern. If you put it out there expect some shit. Suck it up buttercup

I put it out there and expect some shit on what I put out there...not some alternate outcome derived from your perception of my emotions. One is objective....one subjective. 

Figure that out, buttercup.

30 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

What's that have to do with last week's snow. Dude cancelled winter and won't admit it. I hope we KU south coast for days. 

Is there something wrong with issuing a seasonal forecast and then conveying doubt when it's clear that said forecast isn't working out as expected? I don't understand why that invalidates said effort. I'm sorry, dude...I don't feel a blizzard is a lock next week. But if it works out, it sure would help my seasonal outlook.

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Is there something wrong with issuing a seasonal forecast and then conveying doubt when it's clear that said forecast isn't working out as expected? I don't understand why that invalidates said effort. I'm sorry, dude...I don't feel a blizzard is a lock next week. But if it works out, it sure would help my seasonal outlook.

Again didn't even mention your seasonal outlook. Has zero do with the original point of you telling Jeff you didn't mail in the rest of winter. You added the 24th once modeling started showing it. That's on record.  Zero to do with your war and peace stuff.

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Again didn't even mention your seasonal outlook. Has zero do with the original point of you telling Jeff you didn't mail in the rest of winter. You added the 24th once modeling started showing it. That's on record.  Zero to do with your war and peace stuff.

I expressed frustration over a terrible season and guidance not reflecting much in the future. But I added the 24th in November.

You have been increasingly contentious ever since being forced into retirement a few years back. Hopefully you find what you need to fill that void if the dogs aren't enough structure, but project it elsewhere. 

16 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I expressed frustration over a terrible season and guidance not reflecting much in the future. But I added the 24th in November.

You have been increasingly contentious ever since being forced into retirement a few years back. Hopefully you find what you need to fill that void if the dogs aren't enough structure, but project it elsewhere. 

Oh so now I am the contentious one. You always personal attack when questioned. I get it. Just don't attack my football team lol. I am not retired though, I was laid off then had back surgery but I have been working for 2 year and 2 months. You said last Tuesday would be the bulk of the rest of the season/ you said you see nothing else this month. Just the facts man. Jeff was right 

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

Oh so now I am the contentious one. You always personal attack when questioned. I get it. Just don't attack my football team lol. I am not retired though, I was laid off then had back surgery but I have been working for 2 year and 2 months. You said last Tuesday would be the bulk of the rest of the season/ you said you see nothing else this month. Just the facts man. Jeff was right 

My exact verbiage was "sneaking suspicion"....the implication is, I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case and the fact is that I won't...I honestly don't think most here would.

No personal attack; just an observation and you can do with it what you would like. Feel free to question my work this year because once again, there is plenty to question.....with respect to the actual work.

2 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

I’d love something to come of next weekend…we could all use it.  Folks are very frustrated, and understandably so.  It’d be a god send if the all of SNE could reel this one in.  

I may be making a county trip first week of march but is going to be contingent on if we see anymore snow up here, I'm watching this one because it looks like that will be it for me after this.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

I’d love something to come of next weekend…we could all use it.  Folks are very frustrated, and understandably so.  It’d be a god send if all of SNE could reel this one in.  

Nice 11 inch week here almost 6 OTG.  Yesterday's CAA wind rippers / last nights this mornings quiet peaceful dendrites/ this afternoons windex squalls. Nothing to complain about. What's past is past. Carpe Diem

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Nice 11 inch week here almost 6 OTG.  Yesterday's CAA wind rippers / last nights this mornings quiet peaceful dendrites/ this afternoons windex squalls. Nothing to complain about. What's past is past. Carpe Diem

I agree Steve.  14.5” week is nothing to sneeze at either here.  Let’s reel in next Saturday.  If we can, it’ll definitely lift this winter out of ratter territory here for me. 

8 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Yes, great week there. I'm glad because you guys have been boned past two seasons.

12 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I may be making a county trip first week of march but is going to be contingent on if we see anymore snow up here, I'm watching this one because it looks like that will be it for me after this.

Looking at Saturday March 8th(Angel Fest in St Agatha at the lakeview always a great time), IF they get a good hit between now and then? Very much Hoping. 

• Like 1

• dendrite changed the title to Someone has to mention Feb 23 obs
  • dendrite pinned this topic
  • dendrite unpinned this topic