Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Weekend Rule? Saturday 2/17 - The Icon Storm

DDweatherman

4 minutes ago, EHoffman said:

That's literally best case scenario IMO lol

I get that. But for me it’s the worst. The famous March storm of 2013 was the best example. It snowed 11” here and I hated it. About a week later it snowed about an inch and it was awesome … because it actuated got colder as the day went on.

2 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

For me it depends on temps Saturday. If it’s another 2-3” snow that falls mostly at night and starts melting the second it stops snowing I’m ok missing out on it. 

Go ahead and pass lol. I'm way good with that outcome. Never kick a few inches of snow out of bed, even if it only lasts a few mins. B)

Better than more rain, or sunny and 55. We have 6 months of summer on the doorstep.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

I get that. But for me it’s the worst. The famous March storm of 2013 was the best example. It snowed 11” here and I hated it. About a week later it snowed about an inch and it was awesome … because it actuated got colder as the day went on.

I think he actually meant that’s the best this one is gonna do for us, not that it’s the optimal way to get snow. 

47 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

For me it depends on temps Saturday. If it’s another 2-3” snow that falls mostly at night and starts melting the second it stops snowing I’m ok missing out on it. 

I think wet snow that melts quick is likely the best we can do. The pattern is actually ok. I don’t agree they were doomed. But there is no true cold anywhere outside Siberia. The oceans on both sides of us are on fire. Even when guidance had a mega block temps were meh. We can get perfect track waves, and we can get an airmass that’s a few degrees colder than today which would mean it’s possible to get the results places just to our north got, snow. But even here most of the 6” I got this morning is gone now. There won’t be any true arctic air. So as soon as the snow ends and the sun comes out it’s gonna melt. If that reality ruins it you probably best move on. I’m just being realistic here, not trying to be a dick. 

• Like 4

One way to defy the melting is dig snow and pile it way up.  Another is to impose blocks on the hated sun. Set up a tarp or lean to and pile snow real deep on the north side of it. Don't just accept it, DEFY IT! Pile the snow up on the north side of sunlight blocking objects! You could go Midlo about it too! Get a backyard blizzard and REALLY PILE UP SNOW like Mammoth !!!!

PSU said the oceans on both sides are on fire and theres no true Arctic air outside of Siberia. But we dont have to accept this, and we're not gonna take it, any more!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Hmm, NAM kinda interesting with that gulf low...gonna get shunted out to sea tho.  Anyway, nam is just beginning over us at 84.  Got nothing to compare it to...but yeah

Dang it Randy don't do this to me--I'm just getting to acceptance, lol Now you got me like :ph34r:

I’ll start by saying I’ll take a nice overnight few inches. Super happy with that option. Friday into Saturday would be perfect for beers, Jebwalks, and acting silly all night in the OBS thread. However, for shits and giggles, how do we wrangle that gulf moisture into play? It’s intriguing. And we’re 3 for 3 in getting things to go our way. So thoughts?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Scraff said:

I’ll start by saying I’ll take a nice overnight few inches. Super happy with that option. Friday into Saturday would be perfect for beers, Jebwalks, and acting silly all night in the OBS thread. However, for shits and giggles, how do we wrangle that gulf moisture into play? It’s intriguing. And we’re 3 for 3 in getting things to go our way. So thoughts?

UPGRADE that Scraff Beer Fridge Index! That'll improve the gulf moisture. Also, if Scraff starts the main storm thread, we will be very good. Snow will smash the DMV.

• Haha 1