Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April 8th Eclipse- Last Easy One To See In My Lifetime

Interstate

16 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

This clearing is heading your way I think. It broke up quickly and right after a low deck of clouds and even drizzle.

I’m hoping! 2 hours to go

• Like 3

On eastern shore of Oneida lake northeast of Syracuse. Sun through high clouds nowbut there’s mid level junk all around. Real nice location in a state park though with facilities and good visibility  (other than clouds). We got here at around 8 with about 10 cars in tile lot. Hiked around the park a bit and came back to the lot more or less full. I’d say lot has room for 200 (WAG) cars

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wxtrix said:

we’re set up on the hotel’s patio. we’ve got lunch, wifi, bathrooms, and a good view of the sky.  our initial choice had too many trees blocking the sky.

Yeah that’s what’s nice about our spot too: a lot of open sky 

• Like 1

I have a thin cloud layer moving. :fulltilt:

I realize I said satellite looked “perfect” but don’t think there is anyway around the high clouds. Remember reading something on some weenie tweet that the eclipse might help dissipate some of those anyways.

Regardless, not seeing any mid- or low- level clouds. Found my people in the Wal-Mart lot and am snacking on Takis

6 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Same. I’m only hoping for a glimpse of totality, so it’s going to come down to a lucky break. 

Last few frames of satellite seem to suggest the low stuff is breaking up again? Maybe I’m wishcasting lol

• Like 1

Same here but the sun is still visible. It’s almost game time, good luck to the Ohio crew here!

3 minutes til partial and echo the low clouds - but still probably only 50/50 in coverage. Will be sketchy for a perfect totality but beggars can’t be choosers. Looks good off just eyeballing the sky to my SW - so here’s hoping.
  • Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic