• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/13 Significant/Major Winter Storm Discussion & Observations

Northof78

For my neck of the woods, western LI and Queens it's I think going to snow heavily from 7AM-Noon then end pretty quickly. I cannot really see anyone around me getting much more than 5" with an isolated 6" here and there. It will look great coming down, silver dollar flakes, but it will have trouble at first sticking at all to the pavement. Still, the pavement will get a few inches. Now if there were more blocking and the storm slowed down, it could be twice as much. But I don't see that happening.

WX/PT

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Wxoutlooksblog said:

For my neck of the woods, western LI and Queens it's I think going to snow heavily from 7AM-Noon then end pretty quickly. I cannot really see anyone around me getting much more than 5" with an isolated 6" here and there. It will look great coming down, silver dollar flakes, but it will have trouble at first sticking at all to the pavement. Still, the pavement will get a few inches. Now if there were more blocking and the storm slowed down, it could be twice as much. But I don't see that happening.

WX/PT

We've had fast movers with cold air rushing in perform well before. I agree though this is probably around 5-6 inches most areas but I think some places in the metro might get 6-10. 

1 minute ago, Wxoutlooksblog said:

WX/PT

For the usual warm spots that are hard to accumulate I definitely agree. But in the places that are a little colder outside the city or even Bayside/Douglaston I can see 10" in some places-looks like it will really pound for a few hours. If this banding really happens it can happen in 4-5 hours at 1-3"/hour. I'm glad to see the Euro got a little better and HRRR/RAP are primed. GFS was annihilation from 7am to noon. 

• Northof78 changed the title to 2/13 Significant/Major Winter Storm Discussion & Observations