Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/13 Significant/Major Winter Storm Discussion & Observations

Northof78

Just now, Rjay said:

I understand what you're saying but you're not adjusting to what the models are showing tn.  NYC is not on the southern fringe of the snow anymore. They're on the southern fringe of the heavy stuff.  We could def see bumps north on the models tomorrow but what happens if we see more bumps south?  Do you hold onto your thoughts just for the sake of being stubborn?

I was even skeptical earlier today but seeing these trends and where the mid level low ends up Tuesday morning I'm more optimistic now. Models help guide us and now things look more reasonable to expect snow down to NYC and LI Tuesday. 

• Like 2

Just now, SBUWX23 said:

I was even skeptical earlier today but seeing these trends and where the mid level low ends up Tuesday morning I'm more optimistic now. Models help guide us and now things look more reasonable to expect snow down to NYC and LI Tuesday. 

Just now, jm1220 said:

Mid level tracks check out here too, all decently south of LI. 

Exactly

12 minutes ago, NEG NAO said:

Mt. Holly just had a forecast update at 1 A.M. and still going with little or no accumulation in my area - these updates done by Humans ?

NWS doesn't make wholesale changes this far out with things like this. They have brief updates for the very near term but not for something over 24 hours out. It's not smart to flip around so much with every cycle.Big updates will follow in a few hours. Adjustments are made in quicker times as the event is happening 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Rjay said:

No lol.  I'm still not sold.  Can't have bumps north tomorrow. 

It's fine to be unsure though. Snowman19 needs to learn that.  

Especially for us on LI. It's such a fickle situation for us but we are due. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Rjay said:

No lol.  I'm still not sold.  Can't have bumps north tomorrow. 

It's fine to be unsure though. Snowman19 needs to learn that.  

I don’t know what’s going to happen now. I’ll wait to see what 6z and 12z do but I still don’t think 10:1 ratios are going to work regardless. There have obviously been wholesale changes since 12z no denying that 

2 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

Depends on what part of Long Island too-- people are saying north vs south but in reality it might be west vs east or somewhere in between

Usually northern parts do better but in this case it may be west vs east. 

• Like 1

• Northof78 changed the title to 2/13 Significant/Major Winter Storm Discussion & Observations
  • BxEngine unpinned this topic