Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/13 Significant/Major Winter Storm Discussion & Observations

Northof78

20 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

I have to think the GFS/Euro idea is right here but that CMC run is a huge forehead scratcher this close in. Maybe these south outliers mean GFS/Euro are too amped, I can hope anyway. But it can easily rampage north at 0z. 

why don't we have a blocking high to the north-- wouldn't that be climo for early February?

I also saw that the AO is negative, doesn't that mean there's blocking present?

2 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

why don't we have a blocking high to the north-- wouldn't that be climo for early February?

I also saw that the AO is negative, doesn't that mean there's blocking present?

Because the pattern change will just be developing next week nothing is in place yet eventually blocking will take hold especially after next weekend storm passes

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NEG NAO said:

You just insulted a few METS on this forum............regardless I am still going with a couple slushy inches at the coast more inland where it will be colder - the coast is defined as NYC - Long Island - and the most eastern counties of NJ - the0Z EURO must have had steroids added to it......... almost a foot for NYC ???

to be fair, I think he's only talking about the people on TV.... and he's right, they're not very good.

1 hour ago, LibertyBell said:

to be fair, I think he's only talking about the people on TV.... and he's right, they're not very good.

Yes I didn't mean to insult anyone on here or any of the meteorologists on this forum. Had to clarify.

• Thanks 1

• Northof78 changed the title to 2/13 Significant/Major Winter Storm Discussion & Observations
  • BxEngine unpinned this topic