• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Following a Miller A/B hybrid type coastal potential, Feb 13th ... As yet untapped potential and a higher ceiling with this one

Typhoon Tip

1 hour ago, MJO812 said:

It's just amazing how these storms always trend north.  No point staying up late for models showing snow here past 144 hours.

I guess the only way it will snow here anymore is if it starts snowing in Florida at 144 hours.

Unfortunately no snow here at TPC Tampa. I'll keep you updated.

20240209_132700.jpg

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I don’t expect that but we hope.

If you can crank 1”+ of QPF then you’re good for at least 8” of snow imho. Look at how shallow the near-freezing layer is at the sfc. 

Unless this zonks another 50 miles north, I’d feel ok on eastern coast near BOS and immediate south shore. It’s not like one of those thermal profiles where it’s 0C to -1C for hours at 925mb and you’re hoping to tick it another 1C colder. It arrogantly goes to like -3 pretty quickly. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

If you can crank 1”+ of QPF then you’re good for at least 8” of snow imho. Look at how shallow the near-freezing layer is at the sfc. 

Unless this zonks another 50 miles north, I’d feel ok on eastern coast near BOS and immediate south shore. It’s not like one of those thermal profiles where it’s 0C to -1C for hours at 925mb and you’re hoping to tick it another 1C colder. It arrogantly goes to like -3 pretty quickly. 

Yeah, QPF bomb will help like the euro has. And we are also CAA too. Just not a fan of the airmass ahead of this. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Wow

Screenshot 2024-02-10 at 3.24.38 PM.png

I'm actually surprised HFD isn't inside the 12" line from what I saw of that run... But, the other school is that Tolland is also safely left out of the party/cool kids which makes a great deal of intuitive sense so yeah...

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Not sure it will be all that windy inland

Ya, I’m not thinking so either. Just makes you laugh when just on Thursday folks were saying how come we don’t get wind with these storms lately?  And BOX is hitting the wind in their watches…so I just found it ironic. 

2 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Ya, I’m not thinking so either. Just makes you laugh when just on Thursday folks were saying how come we don’t get wind with these storms lately?  And BOX is hitting the wind in their watches…so I just found it ironic. 

It’s just a generic 40 mph they blanketed the watch with. I don’t think they’re going to get into that kind of granularity for details yet.

Just now, CoastalWx said:

It’s just a generic 40 mph they blanketed the watch with. I don’t think they’re going to get into that kind of granularity for details yet.

Ya would be interesting I think we can get close to blizzard criteria for immediate shore . Should be quite the scene Tuesday with heavy wet snow 35-45 mph wind for coasts and almost low dark visibility . 

1 minute ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Ya would be interesting I think we can get close to blizzard criteria for immediate shore . Should be quite the scene Tuesday with heavy wet snow 35-45 mph wind for coasts and almost low dark visibility . 

Maybe briefly as it drops below 32? 

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Does the stronger storm bring the paste up to the pike now? 

No, euro actually draws in pretty cold air on that type of solution. I don’t think you’re going to have any paste at all save maybe the first 2-3 hours when rates are not heavy yet.