• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2024 Valentines Day Rain/Snow/Who The Hell Knows Thread

WinterWxLuvr

If you go back to 12z yesterday it is a huge shift in the right direction so I am happy with this.  What we can’t have is the 2 meeting in the middle.. so we basically have 0 wiggle room and are relying on the euro to continue its shift.  Fun times for sure.

Part of the point I was trying to make was we don’t have room in the middle as it stands, but that assumes the GFS is done trending one way. Maybe it ends up pushing the heaviest stuff down to RIC. If it went from Boston to DCA in 24 hours, who says that trend is over. Then a meet in the middle is a pretty friendly solution.

This is also totally conjecture and just a way to convince myself we’ve got a shot. But it’s plausible

31 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Parts of Maine went from a foot plus to nothing on the Euro in a day. This is not an insignificant change. Of course, as we get closer there’s only so much change that is reasonably possible 

No where close to the final outcome. That was a big move by the Euro. One more like that and it would look alot like the GFS

• Like 3

Pretty huge shift with 4-5 days still to go. Good trends as others have noted I’m not hugely optimistic but did anyone think the euro was gonna suddenly go all in on a dc snow storm after what it showed 12 hours ago? I think a compromise might get the northern parts of our area into decent snow but I’m not sure if the euro is done trending south. 

5 minutes ago, MD Snow said:

Or you could say, one more shift similar to this and we’re all in the game. It’s already happened this year…atmospheric memory for the win baby!

I dunno...I'm just very skeptical.   If 18z keeps it, I'll be excited for the 0z run...but I'm pretty sure the GFS is going to cave with either run.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

I mean...it is pretty clear that all the other guidance made a major move to the GFS. Obviously them meeting in the middle even now wouldn't be great, but I don't see any reason to think this thing has no chance based on the 12z suite, looks to me like a good argument to be made that the GFS is leading the way. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

I mean...it is pretty clear that all the other guidance made a major move to the GFS. Obviously them meeting in the middle even now wouldn't be great, but I don't see any reason to think this thing has no chance based on the 12z suite, looks to me like a good argument to be made that the GFS is leading the way. 

I realize we're a glass half empty forum for snow, but agree with this.  The maps above show the clear shift towards a GFS solution - too early to say which 'camp' is going to be right.  At least its nice to track something beyond -NAO signals.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic