Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2024 Valentines Day Rain/Snow/Who The Hell Knows Thread

WinterWxLuvr

4 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

I told y’all that we shouldn’t unpin this. 

If with what the GFS is showing. There should still be no thread for this one yet.  Should have waited until at Saturday. This one is a no go for me. I am more interested in the later period.   Threat threads used to mean something. Now they are a dime a dozen. 

• Thanks 1
  • Weenie 2

11 minutes ago, Interstate said:

If with what the GFS is showing. There should still be no thread for this one yet.  Should have waited until at Saturday. This one is a no go for me. I am more interested in the later period.   Threat threads used to mean something. Now they are a dime a dozen. 

You can always seek entertainment elsewhere. That’s an option.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Interstate said:

032CD601-E806-4F7D-A665-3DB34404954B.jpeg.c0ac9fcff67266917725a73c5c82de4c.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

13 minutes ago, DDweatherman said:

If 12z blows definitely can go the route of thread #2. Or if the gfs stays on an island that’s basically the same outcome since it’s the worst model this year minus the god awful GGEM

Is the GFS really that bad though? I feel like it’s now showing a pretty similar outcome (within a few hundred miles) to what was shown 3-4 days ago. Granted, the evolution is completely different to what it was then, but that’s true on all of the OPs right now.

HOWEVER, it’s possible I’m talking out of my ass and the GFS really is verified to be the worst lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, T. August said:

Is the GFS really that bad though? I feel like it’s now showing a pretty similar outcome (within a few hundred miles) to what was shown 3-4 days ago. Granted, the evolution is completely different to what it was then, but that’s true on all of the OPs right now.

HOWEVER, it’s possible I’m talking out of my ass and the GFS really is verified to be the worst lol

It’s been a rough stretch for the GFS. That being said, it does okay with certain stream events, I’ve found it to be solid with SS where the Euro holds energy back often. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Interstate said:

I imagine the halcyon days of the weather forums, when only Very Serious People(tm) were allowed to make a thread and when one was posted up, VSP's called in sick to work, abandoned their spouses and children and really went to work analyzing the model outputs via manually-performed tensor calculus for days on end.  Finally presenting their findings to the other VSP for peer review and submittal to NOAA for official forecast consideration.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, stormtracker said:

Nah. Couldn’t sleep the night before. But sometimes on weekdays I’m on U. Enjoying life is hard. 

Solly's is a great place to watch snow fall (if it's accumulating on streets). They have those big bay windows with 180 degree views (added after a cabby had a seizure and crashed into the place in I think 2005).

• Thanks 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic