• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid/Late February will be rocking. (This year we mean it!) February long range discussion.

JenkinsJinkies

5 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Interpretation of LR ens means requires a bit of skill. Nuanced. Look for the hints/trends over several runs 10+ days out.

On 2/9/2024 at 3:01 AM, psuhoffman said:

This enough blocking Chuck?

IMG_1429.thumb.png.72a72847a480567f365b7c30116704fb.png

Where did the mega 50/50 magically run off to on your post above?  Blocking is weaker.  NAO weaker.  Several runs showed this.  Now it's gone. So that's why it's right to be concerned 

18 minutes ago, yoda said:

Where did the 50/50 magically run off to?  Blocking is weaker.  NAO weaker.  Several runs showed this.  Now it's gone. So that's why it's right to be concerned 

It's not weak here, and this is 8 days out. Maybe focus on this period and not worry so much about the period beyond that. There will be more error associated with location/strength of h5 features further into the run. Also there will be some actual waxing and waning regardless- the atmosphere is a fluid in motion. Even in a blocky pattern these features can't remain stationary.

1708279200-hSZHMh3Naeg.png

• Like 5

I’m still not counting out the potential around PD. It’s a bit suppressed for us, but less suppressed than it was a few days ago. These things trend north most of the time, even though there’s a limit how far north they can get with a block in place. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Terpeast said:

I’m still not counting out the potential around PD. It’s a bit suppressed for us, but less suppressed than it was a few days ago. These things trend north most of the time, even though there’s a limit how far north they can get with a block in place. 

Agreed. I actually think that’s our best opportunity with the pacific going back to Nina quickly 

2 minutes ago, Terpeast said:

Its crazy to look past a window with potential that is still 8-10 days out, because the weeklies have been persistent about the 24th lol. This isn't really even a suppressed look. It is a bit too far SE verbatim, and it is still pretty far out there. 

1708246800-T0cileVib6U.png

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Its crazy to look past a window with potential that is still 8-10 days out, because the weeklies have been persistent about the 24th lol. This isn't really even a suppressed look. It is a bit too far SE verbatim, and it is still pretty far out there. 

1708246800-T0cileVib6U.png

And yeah I mean...aren't we talking about the timing of a phase here? No way that's gonna be resolved yet. The fact that guidance got less suppressed over the last 2-3 cycles...me thinks that's progress :lol: (Take that fwiw since it could bevmy baby once the paperwork is approved, so I'll always be biased)

3 hours ago, CAPE said:

0z Ens runs look active. Both the GEFS and EPS indicate potential for the 18th and the 20-21st, and then ofc the PSU baby around the 24th. No details. Temperatures look below avg from the 17th on(colder on the EPS), but nothing super cold. The pattern continues to look volatile. Some of you need to stop living/dying with LR op runs.

Lost an entire battalion in the last 24 hours.  Some turning on each other.  These are trying times. Full scale revolt simmers under the surface. Civil War?  We gotta get the few left to the promise land of PD and especially beyond.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 20

6 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Lost an entire battalion in the last 24 hours.  Some turning on each other.  These are trying times. Full scale revolt simmers under the surface. Civil War?  We gotta get the few left to the promise land of PD and especially beyond.  

Man, you’re losing everyone around here. You know who the execs usually dump when that happens…..

1 minute ago, snowfan said:

Man, you’re losing everyone around here. You know who the execs usually dump when that happens…..

I’m already prepping the AmericanWx Witness protection program.  I have new screenames and accounts for Psu, cape, Brooklyn et al. Got them new passports, SSNs and IP masks here. Just in case.  I still believe in them, but the natives are setting ornery and restless. Some are ready to mutiny.  If we’re not tracking something by PD,I fear the worst.  God help us all.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 18

1 hour ago, Allsnow said:

The 23/24 still has potential but I worry about the pacific going to crap quickly. We might want to start rooting for a north trend with the 17th wave 

I dont disagree with this. It's always a gamble looking 3-6 weeks out via the weeklies etc. But with that said, even if the EPO ridge breaks, it isn't a shit the blinds with the TPV hanging under the NAO block which at least looks stable. Obviously we start needing more HL help on both sides the farther along into the waning part of winter we get. But I wouldn't fold just yet. 

1 minute ago, stormtracker said:

I’m already prepping the AmericanWx Witness protection program.  I have new screenames and accounts for Psu, cape, Brooklyn et al. Got them new passports, SSNs and IP masks here. Just in case.  I still believe in them, but the natives are setting ornery and restless. Some are ready to mutiny.  If we’re not tracking something by PD,I fear the worst.  God help us all.  

lol. I don’t think you have to worry about cape. He seems like the type that’ll just brush it off and go outside and get on with life.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Yoda might be a goner. :mellow:

He’s done. Northarlington101 just sat there in his foxhole, staring into empty space, firearm by his feet as the German artillery explodes around him.  Winterwxlvr is there, telling him to snap out of it to no avail.  Winterwxlvr is taking on that entire German artillery unit single handedly. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 10

17 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Will await further instruction based on your 12z pbp for the 13th and later on, lieutenant colonel @stormtracker. Please advise the remaining troops of their position. Godspeed.

• Like 1

He’s done. Northarlington101 just sat there in his foxhole, staring into empty space, firearm by his feet as the German artillery explodes around him.  Winterwxlvr is there, telling him to snap out of it to no avail.  Winterwxlvr is taking on that entire German artillery unit single handedly. 

If anything I’m a double agent pushing people over the edge. I’m still tracking the VDay storm. I’ll be tracking through May if we’re unlucky enough to get the chance
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

fwiw… the days of the hits are

PD MECS (long duration 10-12”)

Mar 3-4 HECS (20-30 central VA, PSU fringed with 8”)

March 25 SECS (end of run, at least 6-8”)

how could a bad pattern produce that EPS Control run emoji6.png

I like this better than the control runs WW ussually posts. :lol:

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

32 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Friendly Fire a son of bitch

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic