• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid/Late February will be rocking. (This year we mean it!) February long range discussion.

JenkinsJinkies

41 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

I won't do that anymore. Didn't realize it would set all this off. I mean other people have mentioned it occasionally throughout the winter, so I didn't think it was out of bounds. It's been a lot of "best shot in 8 years" (and it is)...but I guess I shouldn't have said what has kinda been informing my view of needing this winter to work. But looking too far into what may or may not happen in the future is an issue I have in general. I'm like that with stuff and I have to work on it.

.......Seems no matter how hard I try I can never get it right in here. Carry on, folks. Sorry for the distraction.

Well, as the great Yogi Berra said, "It's hard to make predictions, especially about the future."  He would have made a great meteorologist, if he took a different career path!! :lol:

And we don't "need" this winter to "work", whatever that exactly means.  I get where you're coming from, the past several years have been rough for anyone who loves snow, with a few exceptions on some events.  That said, the longer range ensembles and weeklies have been consistently showing what is one of the best patterns we could ask for, according to @psuhoffman one that only occurs every decade or whatever.  And every major model has been in lock-step with the same exact look for some time, it's remarkable.  Let's just hope we can maximize what we can out of that, whatever we get.  It's not a "guarantee" (I know you know this already), but just try to focus on tracking individual events if and when they start appearing as we get into ops range more.  Try not to put this so much into the larger context and worrying about things like that.  Take what we get for what it is, whether we get.  I feel like I'm going all @Bob Chill zen-meister here, but you get the idea.  Personally, I just cannot get all worked up if we don't get X inches of snow because the long term trends, etc.  I'd be liable to not enjoy a HECS or a couple of really good MECS events if I worried too much about that!

12 minutes ago, Weather Will said:

WB 18Z GFS

IMG_3096.png

...Dafuq just happened????!!!!  I wasn't even paying much attention and then I see this, LOL!!!  PSU slightly fringed, right where we want it! :lol:

ETA:  Yeah, the thermals look whacked-out and meh...but whatever!  Interesting it keeps the low south of us.  I'm guessing that low in southern Canada north of the Great Lakes kinda messes things up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Op run at range.

Although ens runs have been hinting at this outcome.

I appreciate that you ‘op run at range’ ed your own post lol. All true re: op run. That said, you would expect that the signals showing up in the ensembles will eventually translate to some consistent signs of cold/storminess in the ops. Let’s just assume this is the LR GFS doing its usual every 6 hour dance. 

I appreciate that you ‘op run at range’ ed your own post lol. All true re: op run. That said, you would expect that the signals showing up in the ensembles will eventually translate to some consistent signs of cold/storminess in the ops. Let’s just assume this is the LR GFS doing its usual every 6 hour dance. 

Not how this works at all but I’d trade the LR for the VD storm it put out this run. I’ll take snow as soon as I can get it over uncertain future prospects
  • Like 1
  • Weenie 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic