• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Chasing Snow TV maybe - event specific thread for the Tracker/Solution/wxluvr potential dealie for 1/28/24

North Balti Zen

18 minutes ago, snowmagnet said:

Yeah, Georgia. South and east, I guess.  I remember some friends from Atlanta visiting up here that weekend.  They missed out on a rare December snow and I was so depressed at missing that one. 

I live in this subforum. I got over a foot. Civilization doesn't end at the east side of the Bay Bridge. We may not live in DC/Balt, but we're still a part of the sub. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

I was emotionally unwell for several days after.

I am so glad I was only 10 years old and didn't know about why/how it happened...all I remember is the disappointment of waking up that morning to clear blue skies, and being upset about it (which proves snow weenieism is something you're born with, lol). But luckily I didn't know that folks just S (or was it north?) were getting hammered.

3 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

I am so glad I was only 10 years old and didn't know about why/how it happened...all I remember is the disappointment of waking up that morning to clear blue skies, and being upset about it (which proves snow weenieism is something you're born with, lol). But luckily I didn't know that folks just S (or was it north?) were getting hammered.

image.thumb.png.1896fe68deb180f527a6348a04eb023c.png

It's hard to look at.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AlexD1990 said:

I live in this subforum. I got over a foot. Civilization doesn't end at the east side of the Bay Bridge. We may not live in DC/Balt, but we're still a part of the sub. 

That's absolutely true.  Boxing Day was forecast for a big storm for the rest of us and it shifted last minute, so those of us to the west literally had nothing.  I'm from Southern MD and for a couple of years around 2017-2019, Southern MD and the coastal areas had more in one storm than we had in the entire winter. It's rare to have a forum wide event.  Let's hope for one this year!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, snowmagnet said:

That's absolutely true.  Boxing Day was forecast for a big storm for the rest of us and it shifted last minute, so those of us to the west literally had nothing.  I'm from Southern MD and for a couple of years around 2017-2019, Southern MD and the coastal areas had more in one storm than we had in the entire winter. It's rare to have a forum wide event.  Let's hope for one this year!

Exactly! A lot of us weren't in the same snow drought as the cities. I got rocked in January of 22 and 21.

22 minutes ago, snowmagnet said:

We could probably change the title of the thread to "Balls that Lucy kicked in the final seconds", or "Sad Storms that said Goodbye".  

I'm home with COVID so there is nothing for me to do but track a .00001 chance of a snowflake. Or do my taxes.  

Do your taxes....get well

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, snowmagnet said:

We could probably change the title of the thread to "Balls that Lucy kicked in the final seconds", or "Sad Storms that said Goodbye".  

I'm home with COVID so there is nothing for me to do but track a .00001 chance of a snowflake. Or do my taxes.  

Feel better. 

I just had a bout of covid but luckily it wasn't a hard hitter like my first time.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic