• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2024

wdrag

Lonnie Quinn went out to Central Park himself today to measure, and he measured 3.9 inches after he tired of waiting for the Parks official guesstimate. I'm sure Lonnie measured after some compacting took place, but it was still much higher than the usual low ball 3.2 number the Park threw out there today.

Is it a big deal? When it happens once no, but it's been an on again off again problem for decades. Local Mets that have been here long enough all know and even joke about it, nice job by Lonnie going out to do what they can't seem to get straight themselves.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

Cmc even better

need the track to pass south of us near the Del Marva and the best snows are 50 -75 miles north of the 850 lp usually - even though temps are borderline the next couple of weeks are a snowstorm pattern here - HP to the north storm tracks just south and east of here

gem_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_40.png

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

We can't complain this year, we performed far better than 97/98 even if we have seen out last snow!!

Avoided first back to back sub 10 inch seasons in my lifetime. Sitting at 12.5.

More than I expected with what looked like a relentless Pacific jet throwing heat into Canada...

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

We can't complain this year, we performed far better than 97/98 even if we have seen out last snow!!

Avoided first back to back sub 10 inch seasons in my lifetime. Sitting at 12.5.

Nyc snow hole aside it shows how hard it is to get 2 awful winters in a row. At least this one is just bad so far and I'd imagine places like Sussex and orange are at their seasonal average to date. Allentown is close

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, suzook said:

I'm guaranteeing a snow storm march 6th. Got an important flight that day into NY

Don’t know what the exact weather is going to be on March 6th, but we could be talking about 60° readings near the beginning of March. Especially if we go toward that La Niña look of deep trough out West and Southeast ridge. 

D2E0D934-D532-43C5-B3AF-83D69A716229.thumb.png.ec6d5a1bf2582c094df164bb0e45e0a6.png

17FB0548-8C9C-432C-B4CC-8F2F7CCFC610.thumb.png.8f2e3bdd49791caf0996c2aae4078491.png

9183E885-5882-4711-9292-C94F7C29F77D.thumb.png.ed623e7c45d1b261832ea74e9c5bd6e2.png

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

Nyc snow hole aside it shows how hard it is to get 2 awful winters in a row. At least this one is just bad so far and I'd imagine places like Sussex and orange are at their seasonal average to date. Allentown is close

South of us too! DC and Baltimore are around average snowfall for this time of year and have a legit shot at reaching. It's Philly, CPK and oddly Boston in this year snow hole.

Even with poor measurement, CPK has more snowfall than the entirety of 97/98. They can still see a couple more inches before things fall apart around the 24th.

Caution on tossing the towel before 2/25.  I do think we will warmup big time the first few days of March, if not around 2/28-29.  BUT... weeklies seem optimistic about multiple qpf opportunities in March. We'll know I think at 4PM Friday when the updated March monthly posts from CPC.

In the meantime,  minor minor Thu night.

Will re review at 530PM for a 1-4" refresher thread NJ-LI portion of the forum, so snow starve. Looks too me like a nice colder consistency Saturday morning.

2/22-24 is on... no thread but pretty sure large winter storm then.  Probably a little too warm here, but maybe not, so keep monitoring the ensembles/ops reading up.

• Like 4