joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2024

wdrag

5 minutes ago, wishcast_hater said:

It was sarcasm

And why? Just curious.

I read about inane records on here all the time.

First CPK was chasing an inch of snow; now they are chasing 2 inches. I imagine if they get 2 inches, there is a 3 inch record we could discuss.

The first 2 weeks of February have to make a run at the warmest first two weeks. Easily well above +5

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, wishcast_hater said:

It was sarcasm. 
what’s great is that you guys admit it was warmer in the past WITHOUT mankind’s existence.  Therefore…….

Yes and it took millions of years to go through those big climactic shifts whereas we are effecting change over a vastly shorter period of time. Does this really need to be explained? smh

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Yep

Let's get this around 200 hours and then we can talk , heck 144.

If the post 2/15 pattern is real it will still be there the end of next week. If it starts to get pushed out further in time beyond President’s Day weekend then we have serious problems, real serious 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SnoSki14 said:

Last chance. Any pushback and it's a wrap. 

I mean, March 2015 and March/April 2018 were historic, March 2017 was solid and March 2019 was great for the northern half of the sub forum, so even if it's pushed back 2 weeks it can still produce.

1 hour ago, Ji said:

Monthly anomalies are overrated. We just finished the month with above normal snow and temps and some of the deepest winter had in years. Jan 1-20 was non stop tracking

Taken from the MA forum - I feel good for them, they have had it really bad WRT snowfall for years. Hopefully they can cash in during the next period as well and end up solidly above normal.

35 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

I mean, March 2015 and March/April 2018 were historic, March 2017 was solid and March 2019 was great for the northern half of the sub forum, so even if it's pushed back 2 weeks it can still produce.

Not really that great for urban areas though.  March 2015 was the last winter I would call really wintry here.  When March is your snowiest month it means that the winter has been really bad.

6 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

Not really that great for urban areas though.  March 2015 was the last winter I would call really wintry here.  When March is your snowiest month it means that the winter has been really bad.

image.thumb.png.696c8ed8f6f3b337d932363d1d18a515.png

image.thumb.png.1c93ce0ab88ab7100c6784aa374d90c0.png

image.thumb.png.e9643ef1de72cfdd12e3bc0fdffa4101.png

image.thumb.png.1438c07be0cb81b7d2a5621ec25de21b.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

Depending on March to save a terrible winter is the equivalent of depending on a 1970 AMC Gremlin for a cross country road trip..

Gremlinnnn oh yeahh. | Amc gremlin, Gremlin car, Amc

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

image.thumb.png.696c8ed8f6f3b337d932363d1d18a515.png

image.thumb.png.1c93ce0ab88ab7100c6784aa374d90c0.png

image.thumb.png.e9643ef1de72cfdd12e3bc0fdffa4101.png

image.thumb.png.1438c07be0cb81b7d2a5621ec25de21b.png

March 2018 wasn't so impressive here....the last time we had a double digit snowfall in March here was in March 1993 and that changed to rain after 11 inches of snow.

March isn't a winter month here because of the sun angle really hurting urban areas, it's early spring.  My favorite storm in 2018 actually happened in early April

4 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

Depending on March to save a terrible winter is the equivalent of depending on a 1970 AMC Gremlin for a cross country road trip..

Gremlinnnn oh yeahh. | Amc gremlin, Gremlin car, Amc

The last time we had a double digit March snowfall here was March 1993 and that changed to rain after dropping 11 inches.

It was an exceptional situation-- you need something like that to get big March snows for urban areas.

Just now, LibertyBell said:

The last time we had a double digit March snowfall here was March 1993 and that changed to rain after dropping 11 inches.

It was an exceptional situation-- you need something like that to get big March snows for urban areas.

..at least the weather will be good for the cross country drive!

• Haha 1