• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
It was a Flop... February 2024 Disco. Thread

57 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

Honestly I don’t want to see the perfect setup.  I want it to emerge slowly and become more coherent as it gets closer.

I would rather take my chances with a marginal air mass, than risk subby in a powder bomb...I hate those. Sure, sometimes I'll lose out like last March, but more often than not my area comes through in those.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I would rather take my chances with a marginal air mass, than risk subby in a powder bomb...I hate those. Sure, sometimes I'll lose out like last March, but more often than not my area comes through in those.

You are not going to have to worry about arctic Coke lines in the 2/24 threat. That is a pretty marginal airmass imho. Decent chance we get rain out of it too. 

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

“Sneaky pattern for NNE/upslope areas” i mentioned yesterday. There’s more in the pipeline up there over the next few days. Another clipper there Sunday/Sunday night and then maybe a weak disturbance wed/Thu

-12C at 850mb with light QPF (the 0.10” light blobs on maps) is the ticket.  If we can average -12C at ridge top, it fluffs big.

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Got a nice dose of snow last nite , don’t care to measure and my guess isn’t worth crap but it was heavy for a little bit . 

when is our next potential in my area if someone could just fill me in there 

24th. If at all.

7 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Well at least SW Ct may see some snow sat am and NNE gets upslope . I imagine Ray doing impression of M Douglas - falling down 

He has been discussing that nuisance commute when there's a little bit of snow...

image.png.692fc09d5e0f7b90389c1c61c6673475.png

• Haha 5