• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
It was a Flop... February 2024 Disco. Thread

31 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I've seen these clippers blow up once they hit the atlantic in the GOM and we've had 6"+ on occasions locally, Not saying it will happen but these tend to ramp up some in the last 24hrs.

Let's start a thread

35 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I've seen these clippers blow up once they hit the atlantic in the GOM and we've had 6"+ on occasions locally, Not saying it will happen but these tend to ramp up some in the last 24hrs.

in that scenario we get earlier easterly inflow as Brian said and maybe manage 4-6" at 18:1 while you get 6-10.  Wouldn't take a miracle...we just haven't had these kind of systems for a while.  I love the high ratio stuff.  Will be interesting so see meso this afternoon maybe give some clues and then tomorrow morning start to see some .3 and .4 numbers more common across NNE and CNE

5 hours ago, snowman19 said:

Don’t worry. Brooklynwx will be here soon posting 10 different maps showing how an epic, historic, perfect, mind blowing, textbook KU pattern with true arctic cold and massive blocking from the equator to the North Pole is coming for us in March

Man, even @Allsnowweenied you on that..you know it was a low-blow.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, wx2fish said:

Non-hrrr 12z stuff generally looking more paltry

Yeah I’m not expecting much from the clipper down here. Maybe an inch or so if lucky. 

Vort track is pretty solid for CNE/NNE though so someone will do 2-3” with spot 4” up there I think. 

19 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

there is no support for that, so there is no reason why I would do that... there will be opportunities for snow through the 25th, then a hiatus until perhaps mid-March? the evolution has certainly changed for the worse, no mincing words there. i don't just make shit up

however, no reason to be an asshole about it, either. i also wasn't the only one getting excited about the upcoming pattern. there was widespread excitement about it. it made sense in so many ways, but the storm that dropped 6-12" over a wide swath of the Northeast (which you persistently shit all over, mind you), "ruined it." i guess it's ok that the classic pattern got ruined by a SECS. one in the hand is worth two in the bush

Don't even respond to them. The value and knowledge you bring is immense. It's a refresher to be able to divulge deep into the meteorology and not just scroll past 1000 snow maps 300 hours out. When we're discussing patterns and potential nobody is guaranteeing anything will happen, if people are taking it that way that is their issue. It's meteorology 101 that when you're looking medium range and beyond to gauge the pattern and use knowledge of how those patterns have performed historically. But they know this...they just like to troll. 

• Like 5

GFS actually has a nice burst of omega right in the DGZ tomorrow night over MA including BOS. I don’t know if it’s correct but that would prob drop a couple inches.

NAM has a similar look on the soundings but a bit more paltry on QPF. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I may grab an inch.

Yeah I’d be a little bit surprised if you didn’t…assuming it doesn’t trend worse in the next 24h like most other systems this year. 

Too bad we’re all jaded at this point in a shit winter…this is the type of system we’d be semi-excited about if it was progged for December 15th instead of February 15th. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

GFS actually has a nice burst of omega right in the DGZ tomorrow night over MA including BOS. I don’t know if it’s correct but that would prob drop a couple inches.

NAM has a similar look on the soundings but a bit more paltry on QPF. 

I think the QPF is being underdone. Dynamics are pretty impressive and RH fields look good (though I didn't look at any soundings so maybe they are showing some dry layers). But that is a potent H5 jet streak moving in, looks like the nose of it coincides with the best lift/forcing too. I would anticipate precip could break out across much of the region. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, weatherwiz said:

I think the QPF is being underdone. Dynamics are pretty impressive and RH fields look good (though I didn't look at any soundings so maybe they are showing some dry layers). But that is a potent H5 jet streak moving in, looks like the nose of it coincides with the best lift/forcing too. I would anticipate precip could break out across much of the region. 

It’s going to be a relatively fast band of snow for anyone south of MA/NH border because we’re south of the low track…so we’ll get the WAA burst in front of it and then it dryslots. 

But yeah, some of these soundings look nice and if they continue to look like that tomorrow, then I could see a quick 2” in spots. But it could also end up a bit shredded if that vort trends a little north. We want to root for that vort to dig a little more

1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Its synonymous with driving in that respect...its easier to act like an ass on the road and behind the keyboard.

yeah I was going to say, people who never been punched in the face get to act tough, because a good majority would never say shit like what they do to someone in person, creating a social disconnect really. it seems now a lot of people don't know how to act in public, friendly or otherwise

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

It’s going to be a relatively fast band of snow for anyone south of MA/NH border because we’re south of the low track…so we’ll get the WAA burst in front of it and then it dryslots. 

But yeah, some of these soundings look nice and if they continue to look like that tomorrow, then I could see a quick 2” in spots. But it could also end up a bit shredded if that vort trends a little north. We want to root for that vort to dig a little more

Yeah you can see the dry slot on guidance punch right into SNE after that quick WAA burst potential. I think there is room to dig that vort a bit more given the jet streak hasn't yet rounded the base of the trough as it is crossing NNE but that flow is pretty fast and the digging may happen too late for us. 

I'd watch for some advisory snows in southwest Maine into parts of New Hampshire. There also looks to be a bit of an inverted trough signal. 

7 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

it is an impressive system as it comes thru the upper midwest.  I know they lose some juice sometimes coming across the mountains, but sometimes they maintain themselves more than expected, and that helps the Atlantic get involved sooner.

3 minutes ago, tavwtby said:

yeah I was going to say, people who never been punched in the face get to act tough, because a good majority would never say shit like what they do to someone in person, creating a social disconnect really. it seems now a lot of people don't know how to act in public, friendly or otherwise

Its easy to hide behind the vale of anonymitity in an impersonal mode of communication. But its tougher to look someone in the eye and be an ass because doing so is more unpleasant.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

it is an impressive system as it comes thru the upper midwest.  I know they lose some juice sometimes coming across the mountains, but sometimes they maintain themselves more than expected, and that helps the Atlantic get involved sooner.

There is a narrow, but large swath of WWA's and even some winter storm warning's along the expected path of this clipper so we'll certainly want to see how that ends up performing. 

Something else to watch is whether the core of the system passes over the Great Lakes as sometimes that can provide the system with additional moisture. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, tavwtby said:

This is why I believe in the old school approach. If someone acts tough online, challenge them to a duel. They either have to accept and say that shit to your face, or decline and admit that they are a weak willed internet tough guy who hides behind a screen. In my opinion, everyone who talks shit online should be forced to meet with said person and say it to their face. If you wouldn’t say something to someone’s face, don’t say it online. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 2

40 minutes ago, tavwtby said:

Getting punched in the face with a solid connection is not fun, humbles you. Lol

5 minutes ago, George001 said:

This is why I believe in the old school approach. If someone acts tough online, challenge them to a duel. They either have to accept and say that shit to your face, or decline and admit that they are a weak willed internet tough guy who hides behind a screen. In my opinion, everyone who talks shit online should be forced to meet with said person and say it to their face. If you wouldn’t say something to someone’s face, don’t say it online. 

what if that person stabs you with a sword and you die?

• Haha 6

9 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

what if that person stabs you with a sword and you die?

Then they are actually backing up their tough talk, which is respectable. Fortunately that has never happened, but I have gotten my ass handed to me by people who I challenged to duels before. I have 100x the respect for the people who accept and defeat me in a duel than I do people who run and hide like cowards.