• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
It was a Flop... February 2024 Disco. Thread

1 minute ago, Ed, snow and hurricane fan said:

Ed from Texas here (family from N. Quincy and I lived in Massapequa, and I've seen snowstorms in both) Voodoo Ranger IPA tastes good and is 9% ABV.

Edible talk, CBD is legal here, THC, not w/o a prescription.  My wife, adult daughter, and I, ten years behind the time, shall start bingeing 'Breaking Bad'.  We didn't have Netflix back then.  I think it was on Netflix.  I am a science teacher who now I teaches Algebra, science being more fun, but I'm not teaching in Houston.

EDIT- local news (KHOU), the ever unreliable ERCOT has plans for the loss of solar power during the full eclipse.

My man! Get on those Voodoo Rangers Ed!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Prismshine Productions said:

Greetings from Dallas!

Sent from my SM-S146VL using Tapatalk

Moonshine, not to poke or prod, but is there any chance you can stay down there until at least the 15th? Because if you do, you just know Brattleboro is gonna get hammered with snow on or around the 14th, and when Brattleboro does well, I do well. Thanks in advance!

Last night we were +28 on the minimum and the day was only +10.  Mean temp once again near freezing with no snowmelt despite a +19 daily departure.

What a wild pattern.  Like the highest possible departures you can get while still being able to keep water frozen for the most part.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Last night we were +28 on the minimum and the day was only +10.  Mean temp once again near freezing with no snowmelt despite a +19 daily departure.

What a wild pattern.  Like the highest possible departures you can get while still being able to keep water frozen for the most part.

what was your low?

3 hours ago, Torch Tiger said:

Just for chuckles I'm looking at the relatively useless 18z gfs more closely. coarse-grid gfs total qpf is roughly 1-1.5" for that system here

This is all snow, though? And how readily would it accumulate?  Ahhh entirely pointless but hopefully there's a decent storm!

download (3).png

analyzing soundings 10 days out? Shit man you’re better off trolling with a clown map

32 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

This has been like the exact opposite of that January a few years ago that was below on temps, above on precip and below on snow. Was that 2015?

Moonshine, not to poke or prod, but is there any chance you can stay down there until at least the 15th? Because if you do, you just know Brattleboro is gonna get hammered with snow on or around the 14th, and when Brattleboro does well, I do well. Thanks in advance!
Sorry darling, me and wife will be back in Brattleboro on Monday. All the time I could afford to miss work....

• Like 1

Just now, Prismshine Productions said:

Will try, but jetlag+a herniated (bulging) disc in my lower lumbar is an extremely painful combination. Spent the last 7 hours in bed and unlikely to move around til tomorrow morning

Sorry to hear that. Really hope you feel better in the morning.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

No but heh. 
I seriously just read that. 
… it’ll be an interesting challenge for this mid month  

I think the  immediate coastal plain from Boston south to cape then back Sw along RI and CT coast I think has suffered the same fate . Doing it during one of the wetter two year winter periods  is really a special way to run a rat there . Just continuous kicks to the winter weenie till They just lie there in a stupor looking for a 384 hr maps to keep their pulse going 

1 hour ago, Prismshine Productions said:

Will try, but jetlag+a herniated (bulging) disc in my lower lumbar is an extremely painful combination. Spent the last 7 hours in bed and unlikely to move around til tomorrow morning

Hope you feel better quickly.  But how do you get jet lag with a 1 hour time difference?

• Like 1