• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
It was a Flop... February 2024 Disco. Thread

The GFS solution is how 2015 got rolling the final week of January.  I was noticing big MEX muthufukkas and scratching my head.  Then at 60 hours the euro bombed coastal sne and then off to the races.  Now mind you the background pattern is different but an old man can dream……

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Next week is still a big lift IMO, but can't rule out -SN anyways I guess.  But yeah after that things look much more favorable.

yeah...it's hard to trust that.  I've notice a sequence (sort of..) over the last 3 days where about ever 4th model run the GFS attempts a "hook and latter" storm.   ...then, the next run and they've inevitably faded back out...

That sort of reminds me ( as is) of the Dec 26th 2004 storm that was a bomb but only got close enough to trigger OES into eastern Mass.  

40 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Yet...some of us are, anyway.   14" in a single dose is a text book major snow - even if people's dystopian expectation/lust has them thinking that's somehow pedestrian ...

I was plenty satified with the 19" that fell at my house, but it was over a relatvely small area...only thing.

8 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

yeah...it's hard to trust that.  I've notice a sequence (sort of..) over the last 3 days where about ever 4th model run the GFS attempts a "hook and latter" storm.   ...then, the next run and they've inevitably faded back out...

That sort of reminds me ( as is) of the Dec 26th 2004 storm that was a bomb but only got close enough to trigger OES into eastern Mass.  

BOS got 10” 12/26/04 and a lot was not OES per my memory.   

23 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Next week is still a big lift IMO, but can't rule out -SN anyways I guess.  But yeah after that things look much more favorable.

Do you think it takes a bit to get the cold in again once the pattern flips around 2/15? 2/1-2/15 look awfully warm with PAC air across Canada and the CONUS, I would think that takes a few days (at least) to chill back down?

16 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I got about 8" of that on the S shore. But Cape got 12-18" of paste. 

4 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

Do you think it takes a bit to get the cold in again once the pattern flips around 2/15? 2/1-2/15 look awfully warm with PAC air across Canada and the CONUS, I would think that takes a few days (at least) to chill back down?

It's always hard to say. It could some in the form of a sharp cold front, or take a couple of storms to finally bring it in. I'm not too worried about a massive delay or anything this far out.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I was plenty satified with the 19" that fell at my house, but it was over a relatvely small area...only thing.

Only what thing -

I got 14" over here.  So did FIT down to I-91...etc... it was a big area of 12+"  ?  

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

yeah I remember the radar backing NW and then just stopping ...ooooh so close.

I was actually pissed lol.  I worked on the Cape that year (still without a full time job) and roads were impassable there. Only to get 30-36" less than a month later.