• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 19th Storm OBS Thread

DCAlexandria

Just started snowing here. I'll be off to work in 30 mins. Drive back might be fun.

Mount Holly evaluating the model trends. Now have a WSW for DE. This is their 2am update-

As we head through the overnight, the latest model guidance has continued a shift south, focusing the inverted trough extending westward from Friday`s coastal low back closer to the Delaware coast rather than southern NJ. Dewpoints have been running slightly lower than forecast, signaling some low-level dry air that will be initially tough to overcome as light snow aloft continues to spread toward our region from the Appalachians during the predawn hours. Still looking at light snow arriving generally between 5 and 7 AM, with it just entering eastern West Virginia and far western Maryland between 1 to 2 AM. Much of the guidance suggests that the steadier snow will focus more on southern NJ into Delaware at it`s peak this afternoon, and linger there longest as the coastal low pulls away, dragging the inverted trough behind it. While higher snow ratios may make up the difference for a bit less liquid equivalent precipitation along the northern edge of the steadier snow, all these indications suggest that we`ll have to adjust some of our totals downward somewhat north of Philadelphia to Tom`s River or so. Will continue to analyze the data over the next few hours.

• Like 1

HRRR dropped the hammer now

Damn I just got caught up on this thread.

Weenie says the models are still catching up and pushing south slightly… I-66 jack.

Feel like DC-North should be warned.

Also looking at the model depictions… gonna be some CRAZY backbuilding today. Scary watch and scary for whoever is just slightly too west.
  • Like 1

Just now, Buffalo Transplant said:

So is that really the back end at the VA / WV State Line or am I missing something?  Thanks guys.

yeah this is just our front end thump, the snow is backfilling now. i was worried ab dry air before but i think we're okay now