• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 15-16 Storm Threat Thread: The Return of Hope??

stormtracker

NAM trying to hook up southern portion of forum here. Liking how the trajectory is pointed directly toward ROA and CHO minimum 

48 looks even better as that band pivots toward I-81/64/66 really hoping for most to get in on 2-4”

• Like 2

Looks like it's essentially a frontal boundary with a few pieces of energy riding the wave...with the strength of each vort determining the outcome.  I'm expecting "periods of light snow" in the forecast for 24 hours.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Parr's Ridge has a local maximum just north of Manchester into southern York County, PA. 

Gotcha. I drive to Manchester quite a but and I just never really noticed the elevation change. Interesting to know.

46 minutes ago, jayyy said:

For sure. Gotta think there’s another NAMing inbound since it’s the Nams ensemble. 

The main focus is on us getting NAM'ed, but I'll just make a quick point that this isn't really true.    The SREF is a mix of 13 ARW and 13 NMMB runs using a mix of RAP, NAM, and GFS initial conditions (and multiple physics).     Yes, half of the members have the same model core as the NAM, and roughly 1/3 use NAM initial conditions, but it's not a NAM ensemble.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1