Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 15th-17th 2024 Arctic Blast/Snow Event

John1122

4 minutes ago, Stovepipe said:

Biggest flakes of the event hitting here now.  Got dimes, nickels, and even a quarter or two mixing in with those heavy returns.  My gut tells me this is the last blast but who knows.  Again, very very very grateful. 

I don't know man, radar looks healthy. Futurecast shows returns continuously until midnight at least. 

• Like 3

Biggest flakes of the event hitting here now.  Got dimes, nickels, and even a quarter or two mixing in with those heavy returns.  My gut tells me this is the last blast but who knows.  Again, very very very grateful. 

Whereabouts are you again?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stovepipe said:

Have you hit double digits yet?

• Like 2

I am @ 9in in West Knox.  Might get 1 more inch and get to double digits with the snow showers that will move through but I think that will be the limit unless I am missing something.  It was a wild ride.  The Snow is going to be around for a long time.  It is a beautiful snow.  I will try to upload my pics if I can get the file size down small enough.

• Like 5

The HRRR continues to show a lull here for a bit but is picking up on some intensity with snow around midnight and lasting for several hours. I’d expect us to be well below freezing by then and am hoping that’s when we can pile some up. Mixing has really messed me up in this event but still has been great.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, John1122 said:

Looked like it was about to clear out here and then radar suddenly filled all the way back to Fentress County. Possibly the lee side low causing it. 

Hard for me to wrap my brain around 10 more hours of light snow like rgem/hrrr show with the lee side for swva upper east TN.  Has any meso model not shown it?

The HRRR continues to show a lull here for a bit but is picking up on some intensity with snow around midnight and lasting for several hours. I’d expect us to be well below freezing by then and am hoping that’s when we can pile some up. Mixing has really messed me up in this event but still has been great.

Most of the time your location is one of the best, but occasionally the mountains actually work against you. This was one of those rare time being in or too close to the mountains hurt instead of helped.
  • Like 1

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic