joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan Medium/Long Range Disco 2: Total Obliteration is Coming

Jebman

7 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

All these pages need to come to a standard damn measurements.  They vary wildly

Kuchera vs 10:1

We could def get 12:1 overall...with some 15:1....if the storm even happens or exists

This reminds me of one of the Feb 96 storms....I think the 2nd.....2/16/96

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Deck Pic said:

We could def get 12:1 overall...with some 15:1....if the storm even happens or exists

Also reminds me of a scaled down version of 1/25-26/87. That was a cold storm as well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HighStakes said:

Also reminds me of a scaled down version of 1/25-26/87. That was a cold storm as well.

I believe that was much colder - after the reinforcing shot following storm 1 - but maybe similar?

Here's 96 - super similar....our trough is a little more positively tilted

SLP-18Z-16Feb96.gif

• Like 3

This was mentioned as a analog the other day..y area got 18" so no complaints here.

Really good trends on modeling today, let's hope they hold.

Sent from my SM-F711U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AlexD1990 said:

This was mentioned as a analog the other day..y area got 18" so no complaints here.

Really good trends on modeling today, let's hope they hold.

not surprised, it sticks out.  

That one hugged the coast more.  It was better organized.  I don't think this has as much potential.  But I seriously would die for 3-5" of cold smoke in the afternoon that sticks to the street....LFG

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Deck Pic said:

I believe that was much colder - after the reinforcing shot following storm 1 - but maybe similar?

Here's 96 - super similar....our trough is a little more positively tilted

SLP-18Z-16Feb96.gif

How about the early Feb. 96 storm. Maybe some similarities with that one also. Regardless I'm just happy to see legit cold across the region. 

not surprised, it sticks out.  
That one hugged the coast more.  It was better organized.  I don't think this has as much potential.  But I seriously would die for 3-5" of cold smoke on a Saturday afternoon that sticks to the street....LFG
Amen! I would like to see the whole sub get in on something good. It's been feast or famine for too long. @CAPE and I have made out good in recent winters that skunked you guys along i95, I'd rather see something where we all get cold smoke.

Just now, HighStakes said:

How about the early Feb. 96 storm. Maybe some similarities with that one also. Regardless I'm just happy to see legit cold across the region. 

yeah..maybe so....I think that storm was absurdly cold, but maybe it was the cold shot after it....I think IAD fell to like -10

• Like 1

Lock it up. Beggars can’t be choosers 

Seriously. If models were to *hypothetically* look like this the night before the storm hit (I know, it very likely won’t… but if it did) I’d prob stay at my brothers place closer to 95 to enjoy it. Would I take 5-7” of cold smoke? Hell yes. In a heartbeat.

I don’t want hear squat about needing a HECS, Ji. An areawide high advisory to low end warning snowfall with temps well below freezing and high ratios (probably near 15:1 with these temps) would do wonders for this subforum’s morale. Only needing 0.5” of QPF to get half a foot would be sweet. Plus, who wouldn’t like some snowcover heading into the 19th and beyond?
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Weather Will said:

By 18Z it will be snowing in Montreal.....

Needless to say I'm not a fan of that run verbatim but that is still a possibility if a sharp NS shortwave digs and phases too early. The 50-50 region is precarious, so too amped is going to be problematic.

6 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Needless to say I'm not a fan of that run verbatim but that is still a possibility if a sharp NS shortwave digs and phases too early. The 50-50 region is precarious, so too amped is going to be problematic.

Other have stated and I agree that tomorrow's shortwave needs to clear the field before we have clarity on Tuesday.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic