• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 11-13th Blizzard

5 minutes ago, TheRegionRat said:

Any chance the rain\snow line remains south of Route 30? Or the rain only lasts a couple of hours as opposed to four or more hours as modeled? 

Hyperlocal, not a met, and no recent stays at the holiday inn….but the rain / snow line on the radar has been pushed back down around Watseka. Hasn’t made progress since the first flake here. Temp also fell from 31 to 29 since the start of the flakes 

edit - town just lost power for 5 seconds or so

1 minute ago, King James said:

Hyperlocal, not a met, and no recent stays at the holiday inn….but the rain / snow line on the radar has been pushed back down around Watseka. Hasn’t made progress since the first flake here 

My only resource for the changeover is the somewhat maligned HRRR. The latest run indicates several hours of snow before the rain moves in.  Do other CAMs indicate differently? The scenario currently unfolding looks to be more than a nuisance.  

Just now, TheRegionRat said:

My only resource for the changeover is the somewhat maligned HRRR. The latest run indicates several hours of snow before the rain moves in.  Do other CAMs indicate differently? The scenario currently unfolding looks to be more than a nuisance.  

Unsure my dude - I trust these guys on the forum and they say it’s going to rain, so that’s what I expect 

But yes, already seems more impactful than what was forecast. Worried about my wife getting to work on these rural roads 

Just now, Imneversatisfied said:

NWS APX upgraded Alpena to a blizzard warning. This could be epic! Too bad I hurt my back yesterday fixing my truck so I won't be able to enjoy it as much as I could. Hopefully I'll b able to snowblow myself out. I got nowhere to go tho thankfully.

Screenshot_20240112-065420.png

18 inches and 50mph winds. That’s big big dog club territory 

• Like 2

Idk how later in the day will go but I have not experienced a snow that feels like this since probably GHD I? Like you know when you look out the window and it's not just that it's snowing hard, it's literally like a Rottweiler on sarms is grinning back at you?

3.5" at my 6:00 measurement. Still ripping with good flake size. Only about an hour to go. Temp up to 32º. Latest HRRR and RAP says we're pretty much done after this band swings through, with temps getting into the 40's and then rain for the rest of the event. Hopefully we don't lose all the snow cover, but it's gonna be dicey. Alas, I'm pleased with this mornings snowfall...didn't expect it honestly. :D

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Chicago WX said:

3.5" at my 6:00 measurement. Still ripping with good flake size. Only about an hour to go. Temp up to 32º. Latest HRRR and RAP says we're pretty much done after this band swings through, with temps getting into the 40's and then rain for the rest of the event. Hopefully we don't lose all the snow cover, but it's gonna be dicey. Alas, I'm pleased with this mornings snowfall...didn't expect it honestly. :D

Nah we are going to keep over performing. You and ALEK had us at nothing but rain and look at us now 

We doing it 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Chicago WX said:

I think you guys will still get more snow later too imo